Water inside my trunk!!

EDWINV00SI

PROJ3CT EM1
Its raining pretty hard out here in southern cali. Its getting inside my 97 ex. I dont know how its getting in there but its looking bad. Does anyone know how its getting in there?? Plz let me know!! Thanks

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gaskets around the tail lights..

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
maybe the weather stripping around ur trunk lid? does this ever happen when u wash ur car?

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got this too, check all the possible places. don't forget taillight gaskets, seals near the gas tank filler, sunroof tubes, and any trunk vents.

EDWINV00SI

PROJ3CT EM1
gaskets around the tail lights..
really? im going to have to check that out thanks

maybe the weather stripping around ur trunk lid? does this ever happen when u wash ur car?
no it doesnt this is the first time i ever seen water in my trunk lol

I got this too, check all the possible places. don't forget taillight gaskets, seals near the gas tank filler, sunroof tubes, and any trunk vents.
thanks a lot man. ever since this rain ive had a big puddle of water inside my trunk :(

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
i would say fold down rear seats and have someone pour water and see for yourself.

baltorob

5+ Year Member
Trunk Leaks

i would say fold down rear seats and have someone pour water and see for yourself.
I tried that awhile back and nothing came in. Even used a hose on it, nothing came in. For awhile, I was using a dishpan to catch the water, I had it on the passenger side by the taillights, the cargo net held it in place. It worked really well. It would rain like hell, the dishpan would get half full but not a drop in the trunk.

But the last couple of rain storms have really soaked the trunk. So where ever the leak is coming from, it seems to be spreading. I am getting tired of using the shop vac to suck up the water.
Its a 99 EX Coupe.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
On my hatch it leaks through the hatch seal, then runs down the plastics to the trunk but only some of the times. Idk why but sometimes the seal works and sometimes it doesn't i'm guessing it depends on how hard the water is trying to force its way in. Maybe it's the same for your trunk seal. Idk just a hunch.