Not sure if this is a good idea.... But I think im gonna do it

LaPlaca92

Okay, so I went to visit my mom and was talking to her boyfriend when I found out he got a 60in x 100ft roll of heavy duty carbon fiber wrap from an auction for like 200 bucks... Being heavy duty, people often cover their cars in it, but those cars are usually supercars, not Hondas... Im thinking of covering my car in it, it looks like the real thing, not like a print out that you get on cheap wrap. First I gotta bondo the cars dings then Im good to go with it. My question is.... Should I do the deed?

Oh and this car has the same wrap on it to give you an example.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could always take it off. if you park outside its going to need to be cleared like every year

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ummm....I vote no. It looks good on that car because that car is a Ferrari. Lots of high end, aggressive looking cars look good with a lot of CF. I'm sorry, but there is nothing aggressive looking about a 6th gen Civic sedan.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I say go for it. I've never seen it done on a civic. If you think it might look good, I'd like to see it. You've got the materials already. Worst that happens is you hate it and have to take it off.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cover your whole car in it and feel like you wasted the 200 dollars that it wouldve taken to make a high end car more high end.

Doesn't belong on a civic.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you know how to do it, it's not just like putting a sticker on.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those cars arnt wrapped in carbon fiber, they are constructed of carbon fiber

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I vote that you wrap your house in it.. that would be way cooler..

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree with the majority... I don't think it would look good on a civic. It is YOUR car though... so if that's what ya want; Go for it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ummm....I vote no. It looks good on that car because that car is a Ferrari. Lots of high end, aggressive looking cars look good with a lot of CF. I'm sorry, but there is nothing aggressive looking about a 6th gen Civic sedan.
I beg to differ.

Slammed with an airwalker bumper = win.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
like this

maybe even this

if used correctly you can make the carbon fiber look really sweet on your ride, I personally would do the hood, roof and trunk and most think that that looks to BMW'ish but who cares really.

I'd start with the hood and just get a feel for it, see how you like it and how hard/easy it is to lay down and go from there

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I vote that you wrap your house in it.. that would be way cooler..
:rolf:
but seriously anymore than the hood roof and trunk and its gonna be overkill. what would be kinda neat would be buying an extra dash and wrapping that. having the extra dash will let you have extra time to work on it without being rushed

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you are just going to overlay it, just go buy a plastic sticker and do it for cheaper. Since you are adding it to the car, it's just going to add weight, instead of reduce it like true cf parts. Also, it would take a lot of time to do this properly. So if you don't have another car to drive for a month, then you will rush it and it will look like crap.

My vote: No