nedd a cheap hp boost for a d15b7

emerican

Registered VIP
What is your budget how much hp are you talking about trying to make, What is your mechanical knowledge.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only true way to get noticeable power is nitrous. You'll gain SOME power with a mini-me and some internal work but you're going to spend more money that route. If you want cheap real horsepower, nitrous is the way to go.

Just save up for a swap. D-Series are not worth the effort unless you go forced induction. A swap to a B/H/K-Series has WAY more potential and respond better to bolt-ons.

93civicloco

93 coupe
my macanic skills are great and nos wouldnt be safe to put in my motor
i really need some top end

nates97coupe

A “mini-me” is an informal name for a D-Series SOHC VTEC head mated to a D-Series SOHC non-VTEC block. Most mini-me swaps consist of D16Y8 or D16Z6 heads onto USDM D15B, D16A6, or D16Y7 blocks. JDM D15b VTEC heads will work as

Okay, what parts do I need to buy?
For a Z6 mini-me swap you’ll need four basic things: a D16Z6 cylinder head (including valve cover, distributor, spark plugs, spark plug wires etc), D16Z6 timing belt, D16Y8 head gasket (D16Z6 works well also, but Y8 is a better, metal gasket) and P28 ECU (make sure you get an auto ECU for an auto, manual for manual).

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol you wont get top end no matter what you do. you have three options to get any more power than you have. nitrous, boost, swap. mini-me wont give you anything thats worth the money

and you have no reason to be doing 105, and speed limiters kick in at 125. so your screwed either way

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what do u need just to do a whole vtec swap? besides a turbo or nos what would u do for more top end
complete head including distributor and intake manifold and all them little pieces, ecu, vtec solenoid, new headgasket,

and i think your missing the point, there really is nothing. there are no super chips that give you hp, or any other motor work you can do. d series dont respond to bolt ons. we are telling you your three options to get more power. even with the full Intake header exhaust and all. you will be lucky to get 8hp. you probably wont even get that

93civicloco

93 coupe
so my best bet would be a whole vtec swap?
things i need for that would be
a vetc motor (which would be the best?)
ecu (which one?)
will a vtec bolt up to my dx trans?
anything else?

GreySkullEG6

I agree I have a 92 hatch and I started with a boosted mini me and the most hp I could get was 315whp. Now I have an Ls/vtec with a T3/TO4E 57trim and I currently have 422whp and 258lb/ft of torque all with stock internals. Ls/vtec motors are "Frankenstein" motors that consist of a non vtec B18b block and a vtec head either B16a or B18c. I recommend B16a because it has higher flow charicteristics than the B18c. Either way its an effective way to get the power you want.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so my best bet would be a whole vtec swap?
things i need for that would be
a vetc motor (which would be the best?)
ecu (which one?)
will a vtec bolt up to my dx trans?
anything else?
you just need a vtec head for the mini me, the ecu you just need to match the head, yes it will bolt up to your tranny

93civicloco

93 coupe
what all do i need to do this swap!!!!!

someone please give me a straight answer

and i had a 91 civic hatch i loved that little car but had to get rid of it

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i gave you a straight answer. his has nothing to do with the mini me.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree I have a 92 hatch and I started with a boosted mini me and the most hp I could get was 315whp. Now I have an Ls/vtec with a T3/TO4E 57trim and I currently have 422whp and 258lb/ft of torque all with stock internals. Ls/vtec motors are "Frankenstein" motors that consist of a non vtec B18b block and a vtec head either B16a or B18c. I recommend B16a because it has higher flow charicteristics than the B18c. Either way its an effective way to get the power you want.
your getting that with stock internals? that seems very high for stock internals. how much boost are you running?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going to cost you more than 5 times what your wanting to spend. You said $125 right? A full vtec head swap is going to be upwards of $500-600.