Duralast Gold battery.... Any feedback?

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
I am looking for a replacement battery for the cheap one that is in my car at the moment. I came across the Duralast Gold and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this battery. Thank you for any feedback.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I run it in the Dodge, no problems with it. Get's the job done.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
INTERSTATE BATTERY!!!!! FTW!!!!! idk. i have gone to interstate, and durallast, they are about the same, but interstate battery is just soo slick and smooth with there warranty and everything, they install it free, and everything. not that you need help installing it but, its nice cuz they do load tests and all that junk. and if it breaks or dies, they replace it free, no questions, no hassles.

MSHU37

5+ Year Member
i used to work at the zone so heres the skinny: gold has the best warranty (3yr free replacement, 7 yr pro rated) and CCA rating...theyre really good with the warranty just make sure you check the battery to see if its cracked or anything...the distribution center likes to send some leaking. but theyll do the job just fine. its not a performance battery like an optima, although there is the new AGM duralast platinums that use the same tech...just overpriced.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The warranty is what sold me. Our last battery, a Duralast, finally crapped out on us. We didn't know it had a warranty, brought the price of the Duralast Gold down from 70something to 40something.

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
i used to work at the zone so heres the skinny: gold has the best warranty (3yr free replacement, 7 yr pro rated) and CCA rating...theyre really good with the warranty just make sure you check the battery to see if its cracked or anything...the distribution center likes to send some leaking. but theyll do the job just fine. its not a performance battery like an optima, although there is the new AGM duralast platinums that use the same tech...just overpriced.
What is a performance battery? Isn't that just for cars with systems?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
INTERSTATE BATTERY!!!!! FTW!!!!! idk. i have gone to interstate, and durallast, they are about the same, but interstate battery is just soo slick and smooth with there warranty and everything, they install it free, and everything. not that you need help installing it but, its nice cuz they do load tests and all that junk. and if it breaks or dies, they replace it free, no questions, no hassles.
interstate,diehard,optima,duralast,kirkland, and motorcraft are all made by the same company johnson control. duralast is the best battery you can get for the price.

MSHU37

5+ Year Member
What is a performance battery? Isn't that just for cars with systems?
no theyre deep cycling batteries for like high-torque starters in race cars with big v8's and such, also marine applications. they have a high reserve capacity as well.

long story short: our hondas are fine with regular batteries, even the fully built ones

i notice alot of people on forums think the duralast is performance lol, but theyre great batteries regardless

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love my yellow top, i abuse it and it likes it

k20civ87

i work for interstate battery there reallly good for the money plus the warrenty is unbeatable. what kinda car i could give to a price right now if ya want

Detroit ricer

yea i have that battery worl=ks nice i always leave my stereo on 1hour+ with the car turned off and so far has worked perfect even in freezing michigan weather , Duralast gold