How to Replace 2000 Civic SI side mirror (do I have to remove the door panel?)

JasonL

I've looked on this forum for replacing a side mirror but have not been able to find information regarding a SI model. I know the mirrors are similar buit some places on-line are saying you have to remove the door panel and others referring to LX and other models say you don;t have to remove the door panel just the little triangle. Any info would be great. thanks

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah pretty much, the little triangle has a wire to the tweeter. it doesnt have much play and you cant get it out of the way enough to get to the lil 8 mm nuts

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
plus there are only 2 screws and a one plastic clip , then it just pops out. its not hard man

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I never take my door panel off to get to the mirrors. Just be easy as you pop off the triangle with the tweeter. 3 Si's and I've never damaged anything =)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
-shrug- i worked in a honda body shop, and we always took the panel off. 10x easier

JasonL

So pretty much I can replace it fairly easy by just poping out the little traingle. I just don't want to go thru the trouble of taking off the door panel the mirror inside broke and fell out and I just want to replace it with a OEM one I found at a junk yard that matches my paint.

Thanks for the reply, Hope I don't run into any issues.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't have the tweeters by the mirror but I just pop the corner triangles out, never broken one. I see what you're saying about the wire getting in the way though, the door panels are easy to pop off too, just start at the bottom.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Personal preference i guess. Its all good...both ways work =)

JasonL

I know popping off the door panel is pretty easy but you have to disconect a couple of spots and pop out the clips holding the door panel and I just don't want to risk breaking or making anything else loose. I'm doing this tonight I'll come back on here after and let everyone know how easy it was.

JasonL

Just did this over the weeked and it was extremely easy. You definetly do not have to take the door panel off to replace this mirror. Just pop off the triangle cover on the inside unscrew the 3 bolts and unplug the wiring connector. The bolts on the bottom were kind of lower than the door panel so I just pushed down on the panel to get the socket on them no damage. The only somewhat difficult part was just getting the triangle peice to fit back right but I just messed with is for about 3 minutes and it went back in right, I just had to pull back the door panel a little bit and then push the piece in with some force. But everything looks good, no damage and the mirror works.