How To: Interior Leak Repair

jb0ne

Banned
bump for tip; if looking for a leak in the trunk.. just lay down paper towels throughout trunk carpet and spray your car with a water hose. if you need any more steps.. your on your own

alunj

"Flap thingy" - what's it called?

Also, check out the flap thingy behind the trunk carpet on the driver's side rear quarter panel. I think it is for ventilation of some kind or maybe to let water out in case of flood? Well anyway it leaks on my car too. Should I silicon it shut?
So, can anyone tell me what that "flap thingy" is called? It's pictured clearly in the photo that shows the sunroof hoses (I don't have a sunroof). Labeled "What's This" as below:

As with Kwtorbe, my car leaks from that area and no other. I'd love to know how to get at that ... vent or whatever it is... and replace or seal it. But without knowing its name, it's really difficult to find instructions on removing or replacing it. I suspect I may need to remove the bumper to get at it, but I can't tell for sure, and I'd hate to remove the whole bumper just for exploration.

EKkid

ok i got a question. i have a 97 EX and it leaks only on the passenger side. when it rains i can see water dripping and running in from under the speaker. ive tried the sunroof drains and cant figure it out. Any Ideas?

nplaya9

5+ Year Member
ok i got a question. i have a 97 EX and it leaks only on the passenger side. when it rains i can see water dripping and running in from under the speaker. ive tried the sunroof drains and cant figure it out. Any Ideas?
had the same problem its was my windshield seal

nplaya9

5+ Year Member
had the same problem its was my windshield seal

Tenassi

I have some water infiltration issues too. The area that is wet is right under my feet and the passenger's feet.. Do someone has any idea where it could come from ? I do not have a sunroof and the windshield was changed last year.

Tenassi

I have some water infiltration issues too. The area that is wet is right under my feet and the passenger's feet.. Does someone has any idea where it could come from ? I do not have a sunroof and the windshield was changed last year.

Tenassi

I would like a moderator or an administrator to delete the post number 47 and post number 49. Thanks.

Jarheadupt

Jarhead
I've had the same dam problem it's nearvthe tail lights butbover the trunk. I think the trunk is not even n so it let's the watervin