fuel pump kill switch done!

98Ferio

I have a 98 civic 4dr and I was looking into just making a regular kill switch but i just went ahead and made a fuel pump kill switch, basically what i did was take out the bottem of the back seat, and you can see the wires for the fuel pump, find the YELLOW wire with the green stripe and i just cut it, and i had already had my switch set up and ran the cable under the cup holder, under the part that is over the shifter, under the arm rest and then just pulled the wires out so i could solder each switch wire to each fuel pump wire... after getting all that done i set everything back up and so if someone would want to steal my car, and the switch is off the car wouldnt crank over because the gas wouldnt be running to the injectors... until i flick the switch on...

parts needed:

wire strippers
electrical tape
heat shrink
solder
soldering iron
either 16,14 or 12 gauge wire, (not speaker wire).. u could but i wouldnt...
1X inline fuse holder
any kind of toggle switch, (there are some with lights, or some without
i wouldnt get one with a light, there are three prongs to solder to so youd have to figure out which ones for light n which ones for power...

if anyone needs step by step or placement questions just either ask through here or you can pm if you would need help figuring out switch places... (ive got a few nice places)

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think its a good idea to tell people where your kill switch is..

98Ferio

Lol that's y I didn't say were its at... I just provided the way to route the wires for a switch

97ek_coupe

you shouldnt splice the wire at the fuel pump, any thief will lift up on the backseat once he finds out it doesnt start and he will see the wire spliced right there and quickly bypass it. i would find the wire closer to the ecu connector and splice it there.

another trick is to wire up the fuel pump with another random accessory, like say wire it up with the parking lights, or the rear defrost, so that you have to trigger that said accessory to start/run the car.

98Ferio

you shouldnt splice the wire at the fuel pump, any thief will lift up on the backseat once he finds out it doesnt start and he will see the wire spliced right there and quickly bypass it. i would find the wire closer to the ecu connector and splice it there.

another trick is to wire up the fuel pump with another random accessory, like say wire it up with the parking lights, or the rear defrost, so that you have to trigger that said accessory to start/run the car.
good idea, thanks man... ive heard of a guy doin it to the remote switch for his aftermarket radio... that was pretty clever... but if someones gonna steal a car, theres no stopping em... except my 1911 if i see em... nah i wouldnt shoot any one over a car, but i would for my life... i live in tx lol and tx doesnt care about guns... well not as much as other places, and having my chl... id prolly get away with it, but its all insured n its material stuff...

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
I study criminal justice and we discueed texas last class they have some very relaxed gun laws lol.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Texans love thier guns! lol. and yes we do, one of the best one being the "a mans house is his castle" law

98Ferio

Texans love thier guns! lol. and yes we do, one of the best one being the "a mans house is his castle" law
haha yep! yea man theres alot of relaxed laws lol its crazy.. i was told in my chl class that if someone even tp's your house you can shoot him lol i never ever would for that but he said you could lol, i was like WOW!!!

97ek_coupe

yeah i currently reside in Virginia, but was born and raised in Dallas Texas, its a rough an very trigger happy town. with my dad being a Dallas firefighter, there was always an interesting story being told at dinner about someone shooting someone over a bag of Doritos, and not going to jail.

98Ferio

yeah i currently reside in Virginia, but was born and raised in Dallas Texas, its a rough an very trigger happy town. with my dad being a Dallas firefighter, there was always an interesting story being told at dinner about someone shooting someone over a bag of Doritos, and not going to jail.
yep... its crazy here... we get the worst name for gun laws... but its better than alot more states, like florida... if you bring out ur gun, you get jail automatically... i usually wouldnt care about having a gun but there are alot crazy people here, so u just gotta be careful...

emerican

Registered VIP
Depends on how you look at it i guess lol.
Its fine as long as the person carrying one on them legally or in their house is trained and knows how to use them. if they dont then all they will succeded in doing if someone does attempt to perpetrate a crime against them is raise the level of violence likely to come their way for pulling a gun, but then not being able to defend themselves properly.