Air vents won't stop blowing hot air. Need help.

96MidoriEK

For some reasons, my vents won't stop blowing hot air once the car reaches operating temperature. Even if I adjust the temperature all the way to cold.
So whenever I drive on the freeway, the vents won't stop blowing hot air and it gets really hot inside the car. I tried moving the temperature all the way to hot and the air becomes even hotter. Moving the temperature back to cold only makes the air a bit "warmer" but it's still hot air
I already made sure the wire thing attached to the back of the climate control is connected correctly.

Is it because my car has no A/C? I thought it would at least blow outside air temperature even with no A/C.
I drive a 96 civic cx btw.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
My car does the same thing. In theory its suppose to blow the outside air in but the inlet.for the outside air is still in the engine bay.

I just just usally shut the air all the way off. that's temp control all the way on blew and the actual switch in the off postion. I then also shut the vent switches off.

If my windows fog up and I need to keep the defrost on I crack both the drivers side and passenger side windows. No lower then the vent shades. Put the temp less then half way and the power on 1. This usally keeps me from getting extremely hot

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a valve on the hose attached to the heater core. Most likely the valve isn't or can't close all the way.

MartieMar

Hey what you may want to check is to see if the cable has came loose on the slider if you have one. Just check both ends. Then check whhere the vents are it may have some junk buillt up on the to keep them from closing all the way. That's my best guess. Hope that helps in some way

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

96MidoriEK

Hey what you may want to check is to see if the cable has came loose on the slider if you have one. Just check both ends. Then check whhere the vents are it may have some junk buillt up on the to keep them from closing all the way. That's my best guess. Hope that helps in some way

Are you talking about the cable that's attached to the back of the climate control? Climate control as in the part where you adjust the temperature to hot or cold.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do I need to take off to get to the heater core for this valve?
Not sure on an ek, but back on my 4th gen and my matrix it was just under the hood on a coolant line running to the firewall.

MartieMar

Are you talking about the cable that's attached to the back of the climate control? Climate control as in the part where you adjust the temperature to hot or cold.
Yeah check all the cables on both ends and check the vents that they open and close. If that is good the check that heater core vent that was mentioned.

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
just turn on the buttom that makes the air in the car recirculate instead of bringing in new heat my car does this alot but once i make it curculate inside it stops in my 00 lx the button is next to the ac it looks like a car with a utun logo inside lol