tax return

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I claim 0 all year. Own my own house. Have a dependant and claim head of household and average right at 6 figures every year.

If i didnt get back a lot, then therez something wrong...

Especially considering how much i give in taxes per check!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I claim 0 all year. Own my own house. Have a dependant and claim head of household and average right at 6 figures every year.

Sorry if it's too personal but what do you do for a living?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
been getting tattoos, and piercings with ours

dcboardr41

i know how you feel, i make double what my gf does and we got the same amount back :?:

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that sucks :(. Sorry to hear dawg.

And I'm jelly of all you folks getting thousands back. One girl at work said she was getting like 10g's back (don't know why she told me in the first place). I was like WTF!!! Having 2 kids and a lot of other expenses would do that I suppose. Bastards! :lol:

I still haven't touched my return on top of a big paycheck I added onto it. I'm doing good so far.
the government takes about 25% of my salary so i would hope i get at least a couple grand back.

I don't get how people get so much back. The most I've ever gotten was almost $1000 last year. This year I'm paying in almost $500. I've never paid in, in my life. F*ck you unemployment--totally screwed my taxes!
yea unemployment is what did it for you.
i get alot back because claim 0. and i paid about $1500 of interest on my student loans last year so i was able to claim that.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I claim myself but I don't own a home, claim single, and I share a townhouse so I can't claim head of household. No school loans or anything else. I claim myself b/c I want my money now, not for Uncle Sam to tax at the end of the year and then give back.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I claim myself but I don't own a home, claim single, and I share a townhouse so I can't claim head of household. No school loans or anything else. I claim myself b/c I want my money now, not for Uncle Sam to tax at the end of the year and then give back.
sucks that you owe $500 though!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sucks that you owe $500 though!
Yea dude I don't even know how to do this. I do my taxes on turbo tax and as soon as I saw I owed, I saved the work and logged out..didn't even file yet. I guess I need to look into the deadline to have it paid by. :lol:

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea dude I don't even know how to do this. I do my taxes on turbo tax and as soon as I saw I owed, I saved the work and logged out..didn't even file yet. I guess I need to look into the deadline to have it paid by. :lol:
i think you have to sometime in April to file.
what percentage of your salary does the government take from you?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think you have to sometime in April to file.
what percentage of your salary does the government take from you?
I thought I heard about extensions or something? And honestly I don't know..

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that blows Kelly. How long were u on unemployment?
I got like $350 cuz I let my mom claim me but I'll be claiming myself next year. Shes getting about $4500. Though I make most of my cash as "gas and mileage reimbursement" and only make $8.50 on paper so I guess it's not so bad.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought I heard about extensions or something? And honestly I don't know..
im not sure how the extensions work. lol you don't get paystubs? just take the amount they tax from you and then divide it by your gross income... mine is about ~.24 (24%). im just trying to get an idea of what it would be if i claimed myself

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not sure how the extensions work. lol you don't get paystubs? just take the amount they tax from you and then divide it by your gross income... mine is about ~.24 (24%). im just trying to get an idea of what it would be if i claimed myself
Of course I get stubs; I just never did the math on it before.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so then do it woman! :lol:
Yea...sometime. I keep them in a file and that file is filed, so....I'll get to it maybe tomorrow if I remember. Or I'll just look it up when I get to school tomorrow and do payroll.

emerican

Registered VIP
I dont know how they work, but i know if you take the time to basically file for an extension you get one. My buddy didnt even give them a reason just filed for one and got one for a decent amount of time then got a payment plan so he didnt have to pay it all at once so you could look into that if you wanted to it wouldnt hurt as much as paying it all at once. Sorry you owe anything though girly.