Tokico Illumina VS Koni Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
Which set of shocks is better? I drive a 95 civic ex coupe, and I want to really step up my autoX game. Tell me your experiences regarding both!! =)
Thanks

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know if youre going to find too many people that have experience with both. I had Illuminas in combination with RS*R springs on my EM1 and did some autox. It was a pretty good setup. I appreciated the ability to adjust front bound/rebound seperate from the rear. Then when the autox was over, I could dial them back to street settings and drive home

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Koni Yellows are better.

But I love my Illumina's. I turn em down all the way during the winter or on long drives and then I turn them up for regular driving.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x2 On Koni Yellows.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Koni's are better and there's a sale here on ClubCivic for them for $350 shipped, can't beat it.

I have Koni's on both of the cars I AutoX and they are great. Probably the most popular and most widely used shock for AutoXing.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
Wow. That deal is freaking awesome. However, it's $435 (even with the "New Years Savings" thing). Heck of a deal regardless. I've even got a month and a half to save for them. =) Thanks for pointing out that deal, man.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
GAHH. I love you man. I want to smother my face in your Tiggies. I'm not actually sure if that's allowed on this site, tho. Thanks. Also, since I saw a few posts asking about whether they fit other models-specifically 92-95 civics-I'm assuming they fit mine? It says at the beginning of the thread that they fit 96-00 civics...

Status
Not open for further replies.