Tried to steal my civic!

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I just painted my car a month ago and she looks like a beauty!
So I figured that the same bastards that stole my car last year would try and steal it back!
I was prepared this time though...

At 2:30 AM in the morning my alarm goes off! I jump right up, however the alarm did not sound like mine! it was weak and sounded funny. Anyways, as I look out the window, two little f***ers were running out the front gate (apartment complex), ran across the street and jumped inside a white Altima and took off. They were gone in 1 minute, 1 minute!

My alarm remote wouldn't turn off my alarm. So I go up close and it finally turned off. I noticed my hood was pop and my battery disconnected! Today I noticed they stick something in the passenger door keydoor because the paint was chipped. I have no key hole on my driver side.

Im trying to figure out what they did...

Im assuming they pop the hood from the passenger front wheel side, then they disconnected the battery and tried to get in the passenger side. They didnt know I had a back up battery and a siren inside my car....So the alarm kept going off. So they panic and they took off running like little b****es.

My question is how the hell can you pop the hood from underneath the fender??? I know I have to relocate this sucker for sure, but I would like to understand the basics.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
yea dude i live 10 min away crazy how they try ok ill take some pics of what i did to my car be back in 20 (:

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well my car is well suited for theft, (at least $500 worth of accessories) except Im still stump in the ways they can pop my hood. I have a hood pin and it helps if they cant find it. But i think most likely they found it and the alarm went off when they tried to open the passenger side door. On my remote it showed my passenger right door was tampered, along with the physical evidence I found today.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Maybe poked something through the grill and moved the latch?

A customer came in one time with front end damage and the hood wouldn't open for us to inspect engine damage for insurance. We tried forever to get it open but couldn't get it without doing even more body damage, we jacked it up and everything. It was an EF sedan if I remember right, some old lady's car. Anyway my point is that I think its pretty difficult to open the hood latch from the outside.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
the wire original goes around behind the fender

the hole on the side were the light shinesis were it goes originaly

This is were i ran it through NOTE i used the bottome hole sop it could be easyer

the cable im holding on to is the hood cable the other is the throttle cable

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it was definitely open from the outside, i had stuff inside the car like my expensive radio, and they never went inside the car. I read that they pull on the latch wiring located right above the tire somehow. anyways im beeffing up my anti-theft system even further. these guys probably know what they did wrong and they wouldnt make the same mistake 2x. Im changing my game plan to counter there next move.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thedarkone, thx for the tutorial, that seems easy to do!! and thats what i have to do too, Im doing this this weekend!

HonDaReal

They could have reached the cable through ur fender or have pushed on the latch through ur front grill. Ways to prevent this is by welding a sheild between ur grill and hood latch. Relocate the cable as well and mak sure any opening from ur fender wells to engine bay are closed off

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
They could have reached the cable through ur fender or have pushed on the latch through ur front grill. Ways to prevent this is by welding a sheild between ur grill and hood latch. Relocate the cable as well and mak sure any opening from ur fender wells to engine bay are closed off
yea thats what probly happend no no welding its plastic [:

probaly glue a shild on?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Perfect alarm system sleep in the back covered up wait till they come to mess with it shoot them. Probkem solved

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how did it broke?? I have to make sure i dont do the same mistake too. was it because you did a sharp turn? in other words a harsh angle?

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so its possible to buy a new wire and then leave the other one as a fake to trick there dumb butts!

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
well yea but if they pull it it will come off??

i think..
cuzz its not atachet to the lock its self