suspension upgrade

blondebabe

so i have a 93 civic hatchback and want to do some suspension upgrades and was wondering if anything from an si would work ? better suspension? or even from a later model? thnx for any advise you guys have =)

Shinta

5+ Year Member
Best suspension mod I did for my eg hatch was add a gsr front and rear sway bar.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good to see what? I am confused
This guy confuses me as well.

Suspension definitely isn't my strong suit, but there are plenty of bolt ons, like strut tower bars, rear subframe brace, sway bars, Lower control arms, etc. I can't explain the benefits of these but they apparently help :P

blondebabe

Lol well thanks for the input guys, my suspension definitely needs to be changed! its sagging! any recommendations? anything to or not to do? anything helps =) its a 93 honda civic hatchback and i eventually want it lowered!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would upgrade to aftermarket suspension. The oem stuff on any car of this age is gonna be worn out.

Y not start off brand new? There are many quality adjustable suspension companies out there now.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
92-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra suspension parts are the same so they are interchangeable. 96-00 Civic front shocks will work (but not the LCA unless you do a subframe swap) but the rear LCA's are different. The LCA's are thicker on 96-00 so you'd have to grind down the LCA to get 96-00 rear shocks to fit on 92-95 rear LCA's.

But IMO, just get something aftermarket. See our suspension section and check out the stickied threads. Good information there.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think everyone forgot the most important question, what do you want out of the car?

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The LCA's are thicker on 96-00 so you'd have to grind down the LCA to get 96-00 rear shocks to fit on 92-95 rear LCA's..
I thought the EG LCAs were "thicker". The bolt for the EG LCA is 10x84 (at the strut and 10x80 on the other two mounting points), and the EK is 10x80 (on all 3 points).

EK rear struts on EG LCAs would be shaving the EG LCA or spreading the strut apart.

EG rear struts on EK LCAs would be pinching the strut.

Just making sure that the OP knows that he should try to find EG specific suspension, or get rear EK LCAs if he plans on running EK specific suspension. :D