98 ex D16y7 swap to JDM B18b LS OBD2 Motor - Wiring!

FoSho

hey guys I'm Beat!!!
ok so i am swapping out my original D16y7(no vtec) 5 Speed motor from my 98 ex and swapping in JDM B18b (not b18b1) OBD2 motor which is also 5 Speed. and the place where i have bought my motor from, there was wiring already on the motor itself, and he gave me the ecu for that motor (its the original ecu that came off with that motor) its a 96-01 LS motor not sure of the exact year though!

my question is on the wiring harness! i have searched for over 2-3 days now and i cannot get the results for the JDM B18b LS OBD2 motor which is going in a 98 ex with a D16y7(no vtec)!

ok so the question is about the CKF Bypass Trick - do i need to perform this on my wiring?
also do i need to mod the IACV wire trick?

which wiring mods (others that i have not listed) do i need to perform on this motor?!?!
and as far as i know my mechanic is going to hook up the wires coming out from the LS motor into the LS ECU.
is that ^^^^ correct???? (also i have no idea when you guys are saying through the firewall and stuff like that... i just got into learning all this stuff and in the past 3 days i've learned a lot! but not enough, so please bare with me here, thanks!)

im a noob when it comes to swaps... this is my first swap and getting it done from the mechanic.. he has already done the O2 censors, he also made the IACV 3 wires into the 2 wires to go on my engine... also i ordered the 99-00 SI throttle cable for the right length... all the other linkage, mounts all the hardware i got and has been put into place.... the only thing holding up the swap is the WIRING! so please if anyone can help me now is the time!... :D thank you all for helping !!!!

ok so I've been doing some research and please correct me if I'm wrong! i need to use the wiring harness from my D16y7 motor, but plug that into the P75 obd2a ecu that came with my B18b jdm motor?!? and not use the ecu that was originally in the car for the D16y7 motor?
^^ this is what I'm confused about if someone can clarify me on that! =) ^^

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can use the y7 harness - I used that with my LS swap for over a year until I decided to boost.

You will need to do the CKF bypass trick though. I have a JDM B18B as well. I honestly cannot remember about the IACV, because I went from a y7 to a y8 to the B18B, so I get confused when I actually modified it lol. Only thing I remember was going from 3 to 2 wire.

As for ECU, you need to use the one with the B18. You can use the stock y7 harness, so just swap the ECU's and you'll be good to go! :thumbs up

FoSho

Correct run the ob2a p75 ecu.

cool..... can you tell me the exact code for that ecu? because today the engine and all the harness went in except the throttle cable... because my mechanic is going to need to make a custom bracket for me... i did buy a 1999 SI cable and it was wayyyy too short... and the shop i bought the engine from who gave me the ecu they gave me a PH7-003 ecu, which is the jam version and they don't carry usdm versions... so we try to run the motor with that (PH7)... the engine turns on but shuts off since its not the right ecu... n even when we fully open the throttle it doesn't go past the 1500-1800rpm... but again I'm sure thats because of the ecu....

so what is the code for P75 ecu? like as in P75-??? and what year of acura integra does it come out from? cuz i know its the obd2a ecu not obd2b, also because I'm going down to the junk yard tomorrow to find the P75 ecu... and all i need to perform is the the iacv wire from 3 to 2 wires... and the ckf wire trick.... and thats it???

and in the case that when i fully open the throttle and it doesn't go past the 1800rpm mark what can i do, after the installation of the right ecu...??? let me know of any heads up...

FoSho

You can use the y7 harness - I used that with my LS swap for over a year until I decided to boost.

You will need to do the CKF bypass trick though. I have a JDM B18B as well. I honestly cannot remember about the IACV, because I went from a y7 to a y8 to the B18B, so I get confused when I actually modified it lol. Only thing I remember was going from 3 to 2 wire.

As for ECU, you need to use the one with the B18. You can use the stock y7 harness, so just swap the ECU's and you'll be good to go! :thumbs up
yup thats the harness i used in my car atm... and the ckf bypass i will perform as soon as i get my hands on the right ecu!

FoSho

and also... my mechanic ordered and installed the cat convertor for the integer and i am running 2 O2 censors, one on the cat and the other on the down pipe.... what do i do in this situation? take out the second sensor from the cat and weld it shut and not connect that O2 sensor at all?? and if i do that i use the P75 ecu with the ckf bypass trick?....

and what if i want to keep both O2 sensors, can i still run the P75 with the ckf bypass trick, and everything still runs smooth?
please let me know asap since if i don't get my car back tomorrow cuz of this ecu and throttle cable b.s i won't get it till monday... any suggestions and comments will help thank you so soo much everyone =)

FoSho

:( ...... i'll keep checking back every hour or so... so i'll appreciate all your guys help here =)