SRS light stays on???

6thGeneration

"The purpose of the SRS light is to alert you to a potential problem with your Supplemental Restraint System. When you turn the ignition ON (II), this indicator will light up briefly then go out. This tells you that the system is working properly However, if the light comes on at any other time, you should have the system checked by your dealer."

"If you see any of these indications,
your airbags may not deploy when
you need them. See your Honda
dealer as soon as possible."

This is a direect quote from the owners manual. If the light stays on it technically means your air bad system is not functioning properly.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
"The purpose of the SRS light is to alert you to a potential problem with your Supplemental Restraint System. When you turn the ignition ON (II), this indicator will light up briefly then go out. This tells you that the system is working properly However, if the light comes on at any other time, you should have the system checked by your dealer."

"If you see any of these indications,
your airbags may not deploy when
you need them. See your Honda
dealer as soon as possible."

This is a direect quote from the owners manual. If the light stays on it technically means your air bad system is not functioning properly.
X2 on this

jimmy_rose92

okay does the SRS have anything to do with the seatbelts locking???

motozachl

I am just getting knowledge of these cars (civics) but usually there's a separate computer module that can be unplugged to rid of the SRS system. Is this applicable?

Trekk

Registered VIP
If you want to be ghetto about it just take the cluster out and remove the bulb... I've seen some morons pull the cluster a part and put electrical tap over the light..
If you want to have a working system take it to a shop or throw parts at it.

Omg Neub

My car has the same problem. But I always figured it was because i have an rsx steering wheeling on my civic.
(Previous owner did that)

6thGeneration

Yeah if he didny hook up the airbag components correctly or at all then the light will definetely be on. If it's completely stock and its on then something is wrong with the airbag unit and electronics. Someone might have messed with it or it's faulty. Either way you should have it looked at or get under there yourself and establish the problem because currently your airbag will most likely not deploy in an accident.

chromal

5+ Year Member
If something causes an SRS code, it may not self-reset even if the problem was transient and the initial cause has passed. There's a simple method to reset the SRS module (the 'two paperclip on SRS diag port' method). If the warning light doesn't return after that, you're good. If it does, something is still not right. It may be that if the SRS warning is lt solid, it's just that- a warning that a code posted. If the SRS light is flashing, the airbags will not deploy in an accident. Do some research, you'll find your answers.