Exhaust Tips opinions?

CO671

Registered VIP
I wanted to know what are members opinions on them? I have a '99 DX Sedan and wouldn't want to spend upwards to ~$600 on a quality system that sounds quiet but adds some to very little performance to my little D-series. I want that polished filling look to clean up the rear end, maybe i'll end up purchasing a rear lip too. I'm aware the typical response would be 'it's your car, do what you want with it' but I do care about what other people think about my car too and I wouldn't want to give the impression that i'm really cheap or something similar to that. I like the way the exhaust fits here (but dislike the body color + taillights) Any opinions/suggestions?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
An OEM exhaust tip would look good, the aftermarket ones are usually way too big and don't fit very well.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
An OEM exhaust tip would look good, the aftermarket ones are usually way too big and don't fit very well.
This. My old 5th gen civic had one and it definitely looked better than the tiny ass tailpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could always do a custom catback/axle back too :what:

CO671

Registered VIP
Was never aware there were OEM tips . Any recommended tips?

why not get a yonaka full exhaust? its only $249 shipped?
Unless I hear it in person; I don't think I like the way it sounds on Youtube videos; it is alright actually but there's some rattling which I don't like.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless I hear it in person; I don't think I like the way it sounds on Youtube videos; it is alright actually but there's some rattling which I don't like.
cell phones = shiitty sounding youtube exhaust videos

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Find videos with them actually driving vs. revving too. It's a world of difference. It's how I decided on my Buddy Club

CO671

Registered VIP
Find videos with them actually driving vs. revving too. It's a world of difference. It's how I decided on my Buddy Club
Yeah that's where I set my eyes on the Apexi WS2 and Buddy Club, RSR EX Mag's too; through the drive-by's and revving videos. (if i'm right; RSRs are discontinued though) Then i've also looked into RSX mufflers. But I don't plan on getting headers+catback until/unless I do a B-swap or a y8 head mini-me.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah that's where I set my eyes on the Apexi WS2 and Buddy Club, RSR EX Mag's too; through the drive-by's and revving videos. (if i'm right; RSRs are discontinued though) Then i've also looked into RSX mufflers. But I don't plan on getting headers+catback until/unless I do a B-swap or a y8 head mini-me.
Apexi is a good one. I just didn't get it because I feel like it's played out. Buddy Club is really effing loud. And RSR ExMag is sex. That's my next exhaust I'm trying to get.

CO671

Registered VIP
Apexi is a good one. I just didn't get it because I feel like it's played out. Buddy Club is really effing loud. And RSR ExMag is sex. That's my next exhaust I'm trying to get.
Hmm. Well one Buddy Club video is what made it seem quiet though.... Anywho; I would prefer to keep the stock sound to sneak around at all, but look cleaner with something newer as the stock tailpipe just really makes my sedan look less appealing.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm. Well one Buddy Club video is what made it seem quiet though.... Anywho; I would prefer to keep the stock sound to sneak around at all, but look cleaner with something newer as the stock tailpipe just really makes my sedan look less appealing.
The RSR is probably your best bet there. It's barely loud putting around but if you decide to get on it it sounds amazing. Buddy Club has a way cleaner look to it IMO (because it's essentially a straightpipe) but it's loud as fuuu.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have the Yonaka cat back and I love it.....I can't stand the fart can sound and this is NOTHING like it.

My only issue is the 4 inch tip, I'd like to hack that off and get a smaller one. It looks ricey to me

CO671

Registered VIP
Yeah, that's pretty nice there; I just wonder how it'd look like on a sedan w/ and w/out a rear lip... hmm

I have the Yonaka cat back and I love it.....I can't stand the fart can sound and this is NOTHING like it.

My only issue is the 4 inch tip, I'd like to hack that off and get a smaller one. It looks ricey to me
I'll keep that in mind; I don't like huge tips either. By any chance do you have any pictures of it though?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, that's pretty nice there; I just wonder how it'd look like on a sedan w/ and w/out a rear lip... hmm
I think it looks good, it's about as subtle as you're going to get. To me it looks nicer than not having one but not like you're trying too hard either.