203whp d16y7 civic stock turbo.

alex_n/a

stocker
I'm posting this to get some real numbers for those wanting to turbo the slow d16y7. For any questions post here. That way my answers will help others in the future.

Engine : d16y7 stock internals 107hp factory. I average 40mpg before turbo. Originally without vtec. Sohc.

Tranny : 5 speed long gears

Upgrades:
Fuel pump. Walbro 255lph.
Fuel injectors. Dsm 450cc blue tops with resistor box.
Automatic 96-98 ex intake manifold (but you will need a manual ex manifold for the two wire iacv)
Y7 throttle body.y8 rotor (You will need y8 throttle body.)
Cold spark plugs
Ex cat converted
Full 2.5" exhaust
Chipped obd1 ecu
Conversion harness

Maintenance:
Synthetic oil
spark plugs and wires
Cap and rotor
Coolant flush
Make sure your car runs 100% correct. Before the Turbo or else you will have a bad build.

Turbo parts
Cast-iron manifold
Godspeed t3t4 .50 trim (I think)
Godspeed fmic
Godspeed external waste gate with 10psi spring (open dump tube)
knock off gready type rs bov (vented to atmosphere)
Custom downpipe

This setup was able to make 202.7 whp. At 5.8k rpm and 185.4 ft-lb at 4.7k rpm
Tuned on chrome
Elevation 5280 above sea level

Video and pictures coming soon.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
This sounds like the start of a great thread! Tuning in for updates (PICTURES!!).

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would've invested in a better turbo and wastegate atleast

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
curious if you have a dyno chart

Trekk

Registered VIP
Good numbers, but your pushing the limits of the stock rods, I personally wouldnt go any higher then that. I would also toss the fake BOV in the trash fast.

I'd guess he is around 10-12 psi. IDK with the elevation

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good numbers, but your pushing the limits of the stock rods, I personally wouldnt go any higher then that. I would also toss the fake BOV in the trash fast.

I'd guess he is around 10-12 psi. IDK with the elevation
my thoughts exactly...

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
quite true, but it sucks to put a motor together and have it blow in a month because you pushed it too hard...
What is the fun of not pushing ur car to see what it can do
Like dumping it all the way to see how low u can go or seing how fast u can go same concept

Sent from tapataalllkk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is the fun of not pushing ur car to see what it can do
Like dumping it all the way to see how low u can go or seing how fast u can go same concept

Sent from tapataalllkk
The fun is, having a car tomorrow. I've only noticed the new younger car enthusiasts who try to go as low as they can without regard for the car itself. Same thing with power. Any good tuner, tunes to a maximum point and then dials it back just a bit for a safety margin.

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
The fun is, having a car tomorrow. I've only noticed the new younger car enthusiasts who try to go as low as they can without regard for the car itself. Same thing with power. Any good tuner, tunes to a maximum point and then dials it back just a bit for a safety margin.
Yeah ur right but imo u can take more chances with a stock single cam then a fully built motor that has thousands into or say an itr or k20/k24

Sent from tapataalllkk

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah ur right but imo u can take more chances with a stock single cam then a fully built motor that has thousands into or say an itr or k20/k24
if you've spent thousands on a k20/24 or ITR you aren't going to "take chances" you're not doing anything that you haven't already spent a lot of time considering and planning out in advance. If you build the motor to handle 400 hp you aren't going to try to see if it holds up to some insane about of boost and see how it goes.

taking a chance with the stock rods is just hoping that when something breaks it doesn't destroy everything else under the hood. imagine having bits of the piston go inside the turbine.

smart people don't just wing it and see how it goes when you're talking about something they've invested their own money into and are responsible people.

Trekk

Registered VIP
While the motors are cheap to replace that doesn't mean you'd want to do it more than once. Unless you can do it yourself someone is going to charge you maybe $500-800 to swap in the motor.