Knock Sensor torque specs

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
I'm doing a engine replacement on my civic and accidentally broke the knock sensor when I took off the IM. I got a new replacement but I need to know the toque specs on it. Don't want to go too tight or too loose, may cause improper readings.

I checked the electronic shop repair manual but everything I see on the engine block only shows pictures of the oil pressure switch and its torque specs, Other pages show the location of the knock sensor, but no specs on it. The actual page dedicated to knock sensor only tells me about code for the knock sensor and how to diagnose it, nothing regarding torque specs.

Anyone know exactly what the specs are or where the information is. For now I cross reference with my old GSR shop manual and I found specs on it there for 23ft-lbs.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Till my electric impact goes clack clack clack? I've worked in a dealer sometime now and never seen any tq one. If the bolt breaks, that was too tight =)

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Till my electric impact goes clack clack clack? I've worked in a dealer sometime now and never seen any tq one. If the bolt breaks, that was too tight =)
If it were a large bolt like say a subframe or caliper bracket, then yes I do the same. But for a knock sensor? What about a spark plug, grease fitting, or a head bolt? Other things I would care less, but sensitive items I tend to torque down to specs.

Its easy to just shoot it with an impact, but some things needs specs. I work in a shop environment too for over 7+ years. Stripping nuts and bolts as well as breaking them is not fun.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Hey just telling you my .02 I forgot these have the screw in type, not the ones with a bolt in the center. Put loctite on it and screw it in. It's not really a sensitive item (as far as clearance goes), it just reads vibrations in the block, if it's too loose (ratting) it might get false readings. Besides that you could fuse it to the block and it would work just fine.

Yes I TQ rods, cam's, cap's Moving parts that need clearances, other then that, I do everything by hand or with a gun.