ebay rear control arms

firejackal

5+ Year Member
Ebay parts go without question, some are good, but some are crap, but as a person like me who usually buys cheap, then having to buy again to do it right, i want to show everyone how these ebay parts fail.

I had bought rear upper control arms (rear alignment kit) off of ebay last august 13th of 2011.
As of last week (on march 6th 2012, about 7 months later) they failed on me, so I have replaced them with ingalls off of summit racing. the ingalls appears to be made 1000x better.

The old ones are on top, the ingalls is on the bottom.

The ingalls was $51 a piece. The ebay ones was $27.88 for two.
Here is some pictures of what happed to the ebay ones.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Leason learned (:?

i wouldent buy any suspention parts from ebay

just like headlites <--- just seal them up!

95lxsedan

I just learned that mine did the excact same thing And i just oredered some godspeeds to replace them

firejackal

5+ Year Member
I also need to point out something else with these new ingalls, if anyone else were to buy them, I don't know the exact name of the part that mounts against the car, but they are thicker, and you may need to buy longer bolts.

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it is unsafe to buy no-brand ebay suspension components, I prefered to use the washer trick until I save enough for a set of S2's

aneidiaztorres

Ebay is great but you gotta confirm your buying the proper & exact part before making your decision. To share my experience, I bought a pair of red anodized rear control arms. They're BLACKWORKS. I think. But I'm sure that's the brand. Anyhow, I paid a believe a nice penny for both. It's been a while since then, bought they worked perfectly fine until now. No type of deterioration or anything. You get what you put in, that's your baby, pamper it. That's all I can say for cheap vs. expensive parts.

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummm... I would NOT buy Ebay (no name) brand suspension. Hell no.

aneidiaztorres

Ebay is great but you gotta confirm your buying the proper & exact part before making your decision. To share my experience, I bought a pair of red anodized rear control arms. They're BLACKWORKS. I think. But I'm sure that's the brand. Anyhow, I paid a believe a nice penny for both. It's been a while since then, bought they worked perfectly fine until now. No type of deterioration or anything. You get what you put in, that's your baby, pamper it. That's all I can say for cheap vs. expensive parts.

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

Here they are. Very solid since the day I installed. Very good brand.