Body kit on lowered '99 Si

Nevyn04

I have a lowered '99 Si on 17's and would really like to put a body kit on it. My question is, is a body kits bumper lower than factory bumber? I rub alot now and if it was any lower I know i'd rub everything. Thanks.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ agreed when I was 16 I had a accord with a kit and 18" WORST MISTAKE of my life

ekn00b96

i agree with these guys. dont ruin a perfectly beautiful si. change the lip out or something, but dont kit it. that shits gay. lol

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Its your car do what you want. Don't Personalty I like body kits on some cars but not the aggressive body kits. For the 99-00 the only bumper replacement I like is the backyard special.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To answer your question, yes. Obviously all body kits are a little different but in general, they all sit a bit lower than your factory bumper does.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1 on getting a lip. It'll look much better. And I would not run a body kit unless it was Airwalker, and that's just a front bumper.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True, but back then I was 8 and the body kit fad took off after fast and the furious. Now I realize how stupid, ridiculous, and expensive they are.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
body kits always look good, its just some people out there at do it incorrectly and there are some kits out that are just dumb looking and are just designed for a crazy video game look..if you look at a lot of the race cars today to the show cars, most of them have body kits on..settling for a lip and calling your car modded is old.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I only think body kits that are manufactured by reputable brands I.E. spoon, wings west, etc. Or closely related brands to car makes I.E. Mugen, Nismo, TRD, etc. look good. Those are the only ones that I find acceptable.

Nevyn04

not sure i'll put the full kit on it. But i like the side skirts alot and the front fenders. not sure about front and rear bumper or hood.