What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This bike gear company is pissing me off. I'm trying to order this Scorpion helmet, but I want my money back from the helmet that is not available. I've emailed him twice and I checked my bank account and the money is still not back to me. Wtf. I want to order this helmet ASAP so I can ride.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got off work at 12, now just waiting till 3 to go get my new vehicle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got off work at 12, now just waiting till 3 to go get my new vehicle.

Tuned in for pics around 3:00 EST :cool:

Is it another integra? 2 door? What color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This bike gear company is pissing me off. I'm trying to order this Scorpion helmet, but I want my money back from the helmet that is not available. I've emailed him twice and I checked my bank account and the money is still not back to me. Wtf. I want to order this helmet ASAP so I can ride.
Lame. :(

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can always contact your bank and dispute the charges. There will be simple paper work to fill out, and you get your money back guaranteed in 3-5 business days. Who knows, you may get the refund from the bike company before the dispute is final, you may not.

If you don't have the money to buy a different helmet while waiting for the refund, you probably shouldn't be buying a helmet to begin with. Gear is pricey and worth it. Wait it out and get what you need. Last thing we need to be reading is you're in the hospital, or worse.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tuned in for pics around 3:00 EST :cool:

Is it another integra? 2 door? What color?

Calm your nips sir, you'll find out soon enough. And I'm leaving at 3, but its like a 25-30 minute drive so it'll be like 4 when I post pics.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Favorite race?
I watched em all a while back so it's hard to remember. Right now I'm on episode 14 or something with the eg6. I remember the race with the sil-eighty being pretty awesome tho. And the boosted 86, can't remember if it was s/c or turbo?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can always contact your bank and dispute the charges. There will be simple paper work to fill out, and you get your money back guaranteed in 3-5 business days. Who knows, you may get the refund from the bike company before the dispute is final, you may not.

If you don't have the money to buy a different helmet while waiting for the refund, you probably shouldn't be buying a helmet to begin with. Gear is pricey and worth it. Wait it out and get what you need. Last thing we need to be reading is you're in the hospital, or worse.
No I have the money to get the other helmet right now, I thought I didn't. I just want to now I'll get that money back and I'm not impressed with the promptness of them getting back to me.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No I have the money to get the other helmet right now, I thought I didn't. I just want to now I'll get that money back and I'm not impressed with the promptness of them getting back to me.
Gotcha. I'd say if it doesn't post to your account by Monday, I'd contact your bank. It's free to do so, and when that happens the company in dispute is also put on some sort of list (can't remember what it is exactly), but it's available to consumers as a "buyer beware". It's not like you want to harm the company's reputation, but HELLO, they should've had it unavailable, or back order. Not place your order and then say it's not available.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I watched em all a while back so it's hard to remember. Right now I'm on episode 14 or something with the eg6. I remember the race with the sil-eighty being pretty awesome tho. And the boosted 86, can't remember if it was s/c or turbo?
I think the boosted 86 was s/c, but it switches back and forth. I think my favorite one would be the FD vs. r34 uphill, and the 86 vs. S2000 downhill.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotcha. I'd say if it doesn't post to your account by Monday, I'd contact your bank. It's free to do so, and when that happens the company in dispute is also put on some sort of list (can't remember what it is exactly), but it's available to consumers as a "buyer beware". It's not like you want to harm the company's reputation, but HELLO, they should've had it unavailable, or back order. Not place your order and then say it's not available.
That's what I'm saying. And they asked if there was anything else I was interested in, I asked if they had anything like the one I wanted and he recommended something twice the price. Duh. (also replied with, "I can get you a hell of a deal on..." which I don't find professional at all. It may just be because of my profession. But I would be absolutely horrifed if I heard that be said by a service writer to a customer they don't know.)
So I replied, "no thank you. If you could just refund the money that would be greatly appreciated". And I haven't heard anything back in over 24 hours. I emailed him twice since then (one was for another question) and haven't heard anything. Not impressed.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh s**t I just got an email back. Now I feel like a d**k.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Calm your nips sir, you'll find out soon enough. And I'm leaving at 3, but its like a 25-30 minute drive so it'll be like 4 when I post pics.

35 minutes late my nigga :P

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh s*** I just got an email back. Now I feel like a d**k.
There's no reason to feel bad. It's a business, and replies should be timely, w/in a business day.

We own 26 properties in 4 different states(MO, FL, TX, UT). All of the are financial or medical companies. All of these buildings are high rises, and 3 of them are hospitals. We ALWAYS get a financial reply out the door w/in 1 business day. Oh, we're a company of only 10 people too running the office and all properties. Now we do have contractors and maintenance staff, porters, etc. But legality and financials are held by 10 of us.

There's no reason why a business can't get at least a reply to you. Just a quick:

Ms. Lyons,

Thank you for contacting us requesting a refund. Your request has been issued to our accounting department, and I will be following up with you in 1 business days to inform you of when the refund will occur. Should you have any further concerns or questions regarding this matter, please contact me at XYZ.

Even if there isn't an accounting dept., businesses should always say that, to assure a customer the issue will be handled.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Off work, comcast account is gone due to roommate being a dimwit. Awesome.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wouldnt get anything back on a monday, banks dont process weekend transactions until monday night, and calling the disputes dept will likely contact the business and verify you asked for your money back in which case he would just credit it and be back in the account in 2-3 business days. THey might do a temp credit depending on the bank and also dependent on the amount as well.

Source- I write software for bank processing programs.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
35 minutes late my nigga :P

Okay, I'll give you one for now, the rest will be in my build thread. ;) the last thing I wanted to do was stop driving.