96 Integra LS - five speed ;)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sooooo as most of you probably know, I sold my auto integra yesterday and got a new one today. So, skip to that part.

It's a 1996 Integra LS five speed, 181k, clutch feels brand new, just inspected last month, engine is clean, body is straight completely, (no dents) just a bit of paint fade and the hatch is white instead of silver, no biggy. Couple things is the rear wiper doesn't work, so taking care of that, and I'm not sure if the rear defroster works because of the new hatch, and I feel like the HVAC system doesn't do justice without the AC on. It was pouring today and I had the heat blowing on the windshield, but it wouldn't unfog the windshield at all. It opened up only a small patch on the bottom.

I didn't realize how much I needed a rear wiper till today. I barely used mine on my old teg, but never had a problem with the rear windshield being completely covered. I could barely see out of it. But besides that, the car is pretty solid. It's been pouring all day, so I only have a few pics. Once the weather clears, I'll wash it, clean it up and take more.

June 7th, 2013

I also noticed the SRS light is on, but that's no big deal. The weird thing is it has a 5/14 inspection tag on it but no emissions sticker. I think my dad said something about it being mileage exempt. I won't know till the title comes in the mail though.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and for once, out of the four cars I've owned, I can honestly say I made the right choice. I'm becoming a natural at driving a manual also, as this is my first five speed car. I'm pretty much shifting quote smoothly and got the catch point down and how to downshift and going into turns and such. It's been a fun ride today. One thing that has to change immediately. The speakers are TERRIBLE. The worst sounding audio quality I've ever heard. So gonna pull out the box of speakers i saved from my hatch and pop them in on Sunday hopefully.

Plans for this car are simple as of right now until I build some cash flow.
- Tune-up (plugs, wires, trans fluid, oil change, air filter change, distributor cap and rotor, and fuel filter)
- I want to replace the pads and rotors because they seem iffy when stopping hard (bouncy)
- Inspect the tires and replace if needed
- after car is all good, simple I/H (already have E ;) )
Then I'll probably just save money and figure out what I want to do with it. I know I want to do a 98-01 front and rear conversion because I love those bumpers.

So far I've put 48 miles and it just ticked under the full line. Gonna be going to Leesport, Pennsylvania in the car tomorrow so I get to do some highway driving with it.

And that's it for now.

Sold my car for $2250, paid $2300 for this one and $108 for tags, so $2408 total investment so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's a nice price man. I bet you're happy as hell! The car looks real good tho, hoping my car sells quick so I can pick up something clean. I'm looking at a mint ej1 at the moment. The thing is perfect just don't have the cash until my car is gone.. Anyways hopefully we'll be in the same boat soon. I'm tired of drivin my pos! Oh and when are you gonna slam it? ;)

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sub'd :popcorn:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sub'd as well! Nice buy man, that's a great price for that car! They go for $3500 minimum out here!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's a nice price man. I bet you're happy as hell! The car looks real good tho, hoping my car sells quick so I can pick up something clean. I'm looking at a mint ej1 at the moment. The thing is perfect just don't have the cash until my car is gone.. Anyways hopefully we'll be in the same boat soon. I'm tired of drivin my pos! Oh and when are you gonna slam it? ;)
Well first things first, I just wanna give it a tuneup, and freshen up the paint, and over the course of school, or if I save enough money this summer, I wanna lower it 2 inches. I also wanna get wheels but I'm not sure what kind I want.

Thanks guys. I'm so glad I have this car. Its so much fun to drive.

Oh I almost forgot, I also wanna get a short shifter and a new shift knob.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You can usually get the SRS to go off.. it used to come on in my EP3 and by connecting a few wires and doing some key ignition on/off motions it would go out. Mine went on cause my passenger air bag was messed up.. but it stayed off most of the time as noone else ever rode on in the car with me.

181k miles.. that'sa bit much, but you got a decent deal so good job.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A rear wiper isn't necessary at all - just wax the car well enough and rainx and you're fine. We deleted the wiper and we have zero issues driving. BTW, our teg is a 94 ls, but Rob did a complete GSR swap and build.

He did replace the plastic around the rear windows, the ceiling liner, the steering wheel, and moon-roof too, and he now has CW ITR side skirts, and we're waiting to the get the front lip to match, to replace the lip I got him for his bday.

If you need help or suggestions, let me know. This car is super easy to work on, and it's really easy to clean these up.

Are you going to color match it and power wash that bay?

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I was emissions exempt in PA, I received a sticker, which literally said "EXEMPT". You might want to check into the fact there isnt a sticker on it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with it. Hope this one works out for ya

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Nice pick up!!! Now onto the mileage thing.. I don't care one bit about miles on a Honda. I've never done this before, but couldn't people just swap out the gauge cluster for a lower miles one? I've thought about that in the past and currently on my hatch for sale. It reads 222,xxx miles but the cluster is from an EX (tach) and the hatch is a DX so the miles aren't from the car which I always explain to people who shy away from high mileage...

Anyway, just my thought for today. LOL

SICK CAR

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woah, looks like I got some catching up to do haha.

Ktuned short shifter! And new energy suspension shifter bushings.

I don't know what shifter I'm gonna go with, but I'll look into that one. Thanks!

You can usually get the SRS to go off.. it used to come on in my EP3 and by connecting a few wires and doing some key ignition on/off motions it would go out. Mine went on cause my passenger air bag was messed up.. but it stayed off most of the time as noone else ever rode on in the car with me.

181k miles.. that'sa bit much, but you got a decent deal so good job.

I am gonna take the wheel apart and see what's up. Maybe the SRS plug is faulty. Yeah, it has high miles, but if you heard how this car runs, you'd think it have like 100,000. Its quiet and clean.

A rear wiper isn't necessary at all - just wax the car well enough and rainx and you're fine. We deleted the wiper and we have zero issues driving. BTW, our teg is a 94 ls, but Rob did a complete GSR swap and build.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292638_425156317497497_65579058_n.jpg
He did replace the plastic around the rear windows, the ceiling liner, the steering wheel, and moon-roof too, and he now has CW ITR side skirts, and we're waiting to the get the front lip to match, to replace the lip I got him for his bday.

If you need help or suggestions, let me know. This car is super easy to work on, and it's really easy to clean these up.

Are you going to color match it and power wash that bay?

Thanks. Any idea on the rear defroster issue? Its currently not working and like I said its not the original hatch. Also, I wanna leave the side skirts and lip on the bumper black and match the mirrors. Yes I wanna wash the bay, but I wanna take pictures of what the engine looks like up close. Its really clean.

Sub'd but only cause I'm a sucker for silver :p

Thanks!

When I was emissions exempt in PA, I received a sticker, which literally said "EXEMPT". You might want to check into the fact there isnt a sticker on it.

Good luck with it. Hope this one works out for ya

Thanks Chris! The guy I sold my other teg to is a friend of my friend and he said when he gets the wheel off, he'll give it back so I can have my grant wheel haha

Nice pick up!!! Now onto the mileage thing.. I don't care one bit about miles on a Honda. I've never done this before, but couldn't people just swap out the gauge cluster for a lower miles one? I've thought about that in the past and currently on my hatch for sale. It reads 222,xxx miles but the cluster is from an EX (tach) and the hatch is a DX so the miles aren't from the car which I always explain to people who shy away from high mileage...

Anyway, just my thought for today. LOL

SICK CAR
No, that's illegal. It doesn't have an emissions sticker so the inspection sticker could just be there because it failed emissions, so I'm gonna set up an appointment to have it inspected.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Oh yeah... Illegal. Right...

EDIT: And now that I think about it, I don't think it's actually illegal if you advertise it as "unknown" miles. Up here in AK, once a title is marked with "unknown" miles, it can never be changed for the life of the vehicle. I have several titles on vehicles that read "miles unknown". Maybe that's not possible in other states, but it's super common up here. My point was not do lie or trick, I was just making a comment.

Not really sure where i'm going with that. LOL Sorry to hijack.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Double post, but I know you guys want pictures.
June 8th, 2013

Clean

And is this the right amount of fluid for the clutch?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fluids a little low but not bad, just top it off with a little dot 3 brake fluid. You just don't want air to get into it. It's not a hard fix if it does, it's just best to avoid the issue entirely. Check around where the clutch pedal meets the firewall on the interior of the car and see if it's leaking at all.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fluids a little low but not bad, just top it off with a little dot 3 brake fluid. You just don't want air to get into it. It's not a hard fix if it does, it's just best to avoid the issue entirely. Check around where the clutch pedal meets the firewall on the interior of the car and see if it's leaking at all.

Will do that and I also notice my trunk is leaking, but can't for the life of me find out where. The bottom of the carpet is wet, tjr top is dry and all the interior plastics are dry and the weather stripping looks fine.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you drove through puddles? Could also be a rust spot below if everything else is dry. That's how it is in my car.