DIY: halogen fog lights to HID 100% plug and play

sleeper si

Registered VIP
well I did this mod for my 97 EX sedan but looking to make a clean installation without chopping into the existing wiring was hard to come by. So I fabricated some plug and play plugs and for my projector headlight made a nice V plug since the stock oem 9003 plug needed to be split into two (one for high beams and one for low beams).

comparing the halogen h1 bulb vs the hid H1 capsule, looks like it will lfit inside.

drilled rear steel plate so the hid grommet fits

]

]

heat shrink, these will be feeding power to the hid ballasts.

fogs fit in here

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So your making your fogs with HID's without a proper cutoff, which means it will most likely blind oncoming drivers from what I understand. Can you show cutoff lines of just the fogs on?

sleeper si

Registered VIP
So your making your fogs with HID's without a proper cutoff, which means it will most likely blind oncoming drivers from what I understand. Can you show cutoff lines of just the fogs on?
aren't fogs supposed to scatter light all over the place for short distance in front anyways?

Millz4GSedan

HIDs should never be put in anything but projectors.

That being said I have some installed on my A4 and yeah they are bright but you have to keep in mind theyre in the bumper and aimed pretty low to begin with. Probably will use projectors next time but Id put HIDs in almost any fogs. Reflector headlights is a no no