2000 Civic Si Speedometer cluster question

Killa31

Hey guys, so I'm buying an Si from a dude who tells that this Si has only 128k on it, well the odometer reads that but then i begin to look at the cluster and it looks like someone put a white sticker on the cluster and i know that the Si is black... Also the "Si" light doesnt light up when i turn it on, which is a real bummer. It is an Si, but i dont want to buy it if its odometer isnt even the original

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Hey guys, so I'm buying an Si from a dude who tells that this Si has only 128k on it, well the odometer reads that but then i begin to look at the cluster and it looks like someone put a white sticker on the cluster and i know that the Si is black... Also the "Si" light doesnt light up when i turn it on, which is a real bummer. It is an Si, but i dont want to buy it if its odometer isnt even the original
Appears as though you have very stringent regulations/guidelines on buying a vehicle. What are your plans? Did you know it is an si by looking at the vin...or..? also, a cluster can be bought and installed with no problem. That being said, the cluster is the least of your problems. How healthy is the engine?(i ask because they could be masking the true mileage with the cluster)

Killa31

This is her
Just checked and it is an em1

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Thats what i am thinking. no problems with the engine though. the engine reads b16a2
Yes, the stock engine for an si is a b16a, ask for the vin, it should say em1. If it does, then you have a true civic si, if not then you have a regular civic si conversion. Check everything thoroughly, if you have a code scanner try to see if it has any stored codes. Try to find out as much before buying to make sure you have a healthy base to start off of. If you don't mind fixing it up, then you should be fine depending on price....which is??

Killa31

yah he want 5k for it everything looks good on the inside except it looks like he painted the trim by himself.... bubbling up and stuff... looks kinda dumb... but nothin some sanding and repainting cant fix i guess. but like i said i dont want to buy it if its got 300k on it hahaha

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldn't doubt that there are painted areas since it has the styling from the late 90's-early 2000's with that mix matched body kit. Is the KBB value even that high for a EM1?

Killa31

its about 4700 but im in need of a car and em1's here are kind of rare. dealers here selling one for 8700... so yah

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would tell him to find a red OEM rear bumper and then you would pay $5k. haha

Trekk

Registered VIP
I've seen a few around my area asking over 7k with over 100k miles on them. They were all original body with SI rims though.