Power Door Locks not working?

buddhayang

Have a 98 civic lx sedan no mods to it its pretty old i guess. Well the power door locks have failed for a while now and its been a pain to manually push and pull the bullet locks in order to lock the door. I've tried it while the car was off and when the car was on still no response so im not really sure what happend to the power door locks, havent taken it to a place for a fix yet cause im planning on DIY. Also I've already checked the fuses and they aren't blown or anything. any tips on how to fix it?

sleeper si

Registered VIP
i did them many times, it is the actuators need replacing.

RonJ

Banned
its been a pain to manually push and pull the bullet locks in order to lock the door.
Is this an electrical or mechanical problem? Is it difficult lock and unlock the doors manually?

havent taken it to a place for a fix yet
Why not fix them yourself rather than paying somebody?

. Also I've already checked the fuses and they aren't blown or anything.
Tell me how you tested the fuses and which specific ones you tested.

any tips on how to fix it?
Got a multimeter?

sleeper si

Registered VIP
How could you possibly say this with confidence? Don't you need more information?
been there myself on my own hondas. First the power door lock does not work and the lever to lock and unlock become hard to freely move and the actuator is all jammed up.
=)=)

RonJ

Banned
You're just guessing. Do you want the guy to purchase actuators even though they might not be the problem? There are proper diagnostic tests to avoid throwing money away.

d.Wrek

5+ Year Member
Tell me how you tested the fuses and which specific ones you tested.

I'm having a similar issue w/key fob and locks...could you fill me in on all fuses that would effect locks...also if my locks are clicking but not locking/unlocking, would that rule out an electrical issue

Sorry for the thread jack