Money money money. :thumbup:

Smooth sailin from here on out eh?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good. What's left to buy after the ECU?
Exhaust (might tune with open header though)
O2 sensor
EG/DC front LCAs

And Alex, K-N-2-EK, is powder coating a EG/DC subframe, front sway bar, and shock forks for me.

Ill pick up misc clamps, jdm zip ties lol, and some wire for my starter. That's it.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so a no bullshit answer, how well does that lip fit, did you have to touch it up or did it sit perfect? ps was it new?

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Exhaust (might tune with open header though)
O2 sensor
EG/DC front LCAs

And Alex, K-N-2-EK, is powder coating a EG/DC subframe, front sway bar, and shock forks for me.

Ill pick up misc clamps, jdm zip ties lol, and some wire for my starter. That's it.
And then engine goes in?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so a no bulls*** answer, how well does that lip fit, did you have to touch it up or did it sit perfect? ps was it new?
Brand new, I hardly buy used. It fit fit 100% perfect just like my first molding plate did. The mounting part of the lip is very thick and strong too, thicker than First Molding was. The predrilled holes were right on point. I put the hardware through without ever making adjustments and how it sits in the picture is how it came out. I haven't had a single authentic part not fit properly.

And then engine goes in?
Yeah. Gotta get some money together for a tune after that. Although ive seen several people making 220/180 on a tsx .cal hondata provides

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool good o know, ive heard (on the internet) that spoon doesnt always fit right... but it would seem that could be the squeaky wheel getting the grease?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spoon only has a few things that aren't oem derived or revised parts, so spoon parts not fitting right is ridiculous.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I saw you plan on changing the front subframe and front control arms to the EG/DC version. Is this required for the K swap, or are you doing it for another reason?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I saw you plan on changing the front subframe and front control arms to the EG/DC version. Is this required for the K swap, or are you doing it for another reason?
It's not required for a K swap but it's recommend in the 6th gen chassis for a better axle angle, more ground clearance, and more space for intake manifolds other than the PRB (rsx-s intake manifold)

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not required for a K swap but it's recommend in the 6th gen chassis for a better axle angle, more ground clearance, and more space for intake manifolds other than the PRB (rsx-s intake manifold)
I know you've researched the K-EK swap a lot more than I have... do you know if with the EG/DC subframe and suspension, can you still use the EK steering rack?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know you've researched the K-EK swap a lot more than I have... do you know if with the EG/DC subframe and suspension, can you still use the EK steering rack?
No, you need the matching pieces, eg/dc rack with eg/dc subframe.