my civic starts up sluggish, noticed the vacuum line is deflated

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you also blowing white smoke? oil/coolant mixing sounds an awful lot like a head gasket leak

nightwalker2334

No smoke, the oil and coolant been mixing for a few years, there is a leak of coolant just cant find it which makes me think I have a blown head gasket but it runs good. Just dont get why the vacuum line is deflated that tube thing

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
vacuum lines will get worn out, ESPECIALLY if there's any oil in the intake system. If you see a collapsed vacuum line, go ahead and replace it. they're usually pretty easy (and cheap) to replace

nightwalker2334

I changed the fuel filter and it started right up, the next day it started sluggish, but when I gotr home I shut it off utrned it back on and started right up. Does it take awhile for it to get use to the new fuel filter? I am replacing the breather vacuum hose too. Here is a pic

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's to the PCV valve. Kind of a bastard to get to the other end of that line. When you take it off, take the PCV valve and give it a few shakes. It should rattle. If it doesn't, either need to clean it out, or just go ahead and get a new one

nightwalker2334

that's to the PCV valve. Kind of a bastard to get to the other end of that line. When you take it off, take the PCV valve and give it a few shakes. It should rattle. If it doesn't, either need to clean it out, or just go ahead and get a new one
Thanks. Greatly appreciated