Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Slow going around there. Cars been covered for a bit. But looking to put it on stands and have the engine out by Friday. Parts are ordered and coming in. Winter down time is moving along...

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Slow going around there. Cars been covered for a bit. But looking to put it on stands and have the engine out by Friday. Parts are ordered and coming in. Winter down time is moving along...
I've slowed it done a lot also, engine is out but I need to deliver it to the builder. Can't too see your progress.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, my big hold up was getting the time to do anything. But now I've got the engine out and I'm ready to do what I've got on plan.

Little Christmas goodies =)

VIR...

NCCAR...

Tail of the Dragon...

AIM Solo :D

And with the car, I ordered QuickLatch hardware for the bumper at the fender. No more screws in the fender.

Parts, not overnight, from Japan...

Car is up, and the work has started.

And, bye bye Top1 diffuser...

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
damn man tearing into it! that dragon run map is really cool

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah man. Time to get busy and get ready for next season.

Yeah, I really like that Dragon map. I'm going to contact the company to see if they can do the track cutout as well.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
How are you planning using those quick latches for the bumper? I've been contemplating doing some type of quick release for my front bumper because it has to come off to get it up on the alignment rack and I hate those rubber band types

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They will go in the side of the bumper, in a similar location to where people put those junky rubber bands. And I have brackets I picked up from a guy on IG that mount inside the fender area to hold the QuickLatch stud.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Damn that's similar to how I imagined. I was thinking of using a straight piece of aluminum to bridge the bumper and fender on the inside. Quick latch on the bumper and a fancy downstar fender washer or something similar with a lock nut up on the fender. Either that or a 90 bend bracket mounted to where the bumper normally screws to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No work has been done since last. TSX will be gone on Friday, so I'll try and get things in order to start making forward progress. But parts are coming in here and there. More on Friday =)

HPI Japan oil cooler kit...

K-Tuned radiator mounting kit. Undecided on it currently. Possibly moving to the ASR kit, found after my order was placed with K-Tuned...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, Friday we officially became K free! So glad to have that freaking thing gone. Overall its a nice car, but I HATE K and the transmissions in them. Had it been an auto, I might not have hated it as much. But its off to a good home in Dragon country now =) I'll see it in the fall.

DC2 Koyo showed up Friday as well...

Started pulling the harness apart on Monday...

I'll be deleting these, along with the oil pressure switch that isn't used on the JDM engine, EVAP canister and fuel rail plug, primary O2 sensor lead and the crank sensor plug.

Clean...now to the delete work.

Sold the AP1 wheel...ready to box and ship =)

Last edited:

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I'm not the only one busy I see Lol. Nice work bro, can't wait to see what April brings. Good luck.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Trying to get a few things done...haha.

Removed the OEM ITR heat exchanger and looped the line back to the block. Pulled the black box and pulled the 14mm allen freeze plugs to install the Endyne breather -AN adaptors.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still slow going around here. Ran out to Honda to pick up an order back on Friday. Then I finished pulling a couple plugs off of the engine harness and started to get it fitted on the engine to prepare for loom. Freeze plug went into the OEM PCV black box location. Attempted to put the oil cooler sandwich plate on, but it hits the main coolant tube just above it. Its designed to sit on top of the OEM oil heat exchanger for spacing. So I decided to just go with an oil filter relocation vice using the heat exchanger. I debated it before, but now I'm sure of it. I also ordered my hub and disconnect at the same time as the filter relocation kit. Also arriving was my ASR order that included the radiator mount kit, harness retention/reel, a shirt and of course, stickers!

I've had these NT03 for a while now and have done nothing with them...other than list them back for sale...haha. No real bites, so I grabbed some used BFG Rivals to toss on them to have around as some extra/ backup wheels. I dropped them at Honda while I was out there to have my buddy mount them up. I'll get them back when he is able to do my 949's also. I'm having him rotate/flip the R-S3's on the 949's.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Baby keeps getting the daycare crud. Wife got it...now maybe I have it. Work is busy. Car sits in the garage.

Works Bell hub and release came in, as well as the new wheel...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally there has been enough of a break in the sickness around our house! I got a little work in Monday. Friday is my day off, but its looking like I'll need to be at work and bring in that OT. =)

Wheel mocked...

Oil cooler in place...

PS rack bushing was pretty rough, but since its been there since 1999, how can you be mad at it? Haha...

OEM oil heat exchanger is back on due to clearance issues with the sandwich plate. No biggie, oil will come to temp faster and the thermostatically controlled sandwich plate will send the oil through the cooler. Also seen, the breather lines are in place...

And I got started on some of the loom for the wire harness...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man. Its really not hard to do, it just takes time...which I seem to be lacking much of.

Originally I had planned on doing my own headlight harness. But at the start of this process, I just knew I wouldn't have the time. So, I enlisted WireWorx to take care of it =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still not a lot going on as time is limited. However, I did manage to make time to clean the garage up a bit and put the car on the ground to move it over for full access to the passenger side. After we sold the TSX, I had sole ownership of the garage space...haha.

Just because, trans hardware from Downstar...

Space...

I managed to change out the OEM mount hardware for the Downstar stuff that had been sitting around. And I managed to mess up the threads when removing the hardware from the trans, no clue how that happened. Tap to save the day! The post stud was shot though, still not sure how it happened. Everything came out smoothly. Whatever...lol.

AC Evap core out from under the dash. Need to find the small round plug where the drain line exits. Everyone talks about the large one where the lines come though. But no one talks about the freaking drain line hole...

And I decided to grab the Checkerd Sports horn block off...