Oil Leak: '00 Civic DX

Erma

My 2000 Honda Civic DX is leaking oil, the oil pan ws tighten and it is still leaking so then I was told that it was the rear main seal. It only leaks when it is parked and it seems to be getting worse because the puddle is getting bigger. It has been leaking since September 2016. I thought maybe I have a whole in the oil pan but that wasn't it either. Please help me know what the issue is. Thanks.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It probably leaks when moving as well, but you wouldn't know. You were told it was the rear main seal... did you replace it?

Oil pan might be tight but the gasket could still be bad. I would think that would go bad before the rear seal. Could also be leaking though the distributor o-ring, valve cover gasket, etc.

RealtorJeff

Is it leaking down the front of the engine from top or just below where your oil pan is? Cannot see the pics either?

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My 2000 Honda Civic DX is leaking oil, the oil pan ws tighten and it is still leaking so then I was told that it was the rear main seal. It only leaks when it is parked and it seems to be getting worse because the puddle is getting bigger. It has been leaking since September 2016. I thought maybe I have a whole in the oil pan but that wasn't it either. Please help me know what the issue is. Thanks.
It looks like @Erma didn't subscribe to the thread, so I'm going to do the two things (quote and tag) that might instigate an email notification..?