Looking for a parts supplier for 1992 Honda CRX...would love to get her running again!

flamelily

Hello to you all!

I never realised that their was a forum for Civics. But I must be in the right place. I was fortunate to aquire my CRX when she was only 5 years old. I drove her with no problems for the next 15 years.

I now have two daughters that are going to be driving soon and my youngest has her eyes on the CRX. the motor is tired and the suspension is all over the place .

I would like to rebuild the motor with fresh pistons and rings etc and replace the usual parts that wear out on the suspension. Will probably need to replace the seals in the power steering rack too!

Please may you recommend a place that stocks good quality no bull parts. It would be difficult to buy the spares from too many suppliers as many payments would be a hassle.

Thankyou

flamelily

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you say Crx, do you mean the two seater hatchback, or do you mean the two seater targa top, known in the Western Hemisphere as the Del Sol?
Either way, this being a US based site, and you being in Zimbabwe, it will be hard for any of us to know what you have access to or not.

flamelily

When you say Crx, do you mean the two seater hatchback, or do you mean the two seater targa top, known in the Western Hemisphere as the Del Sol?
Either way, this being a US based site, and you being in Zimbabwe, it will be hard for any of us to know what you have access to or not.

That was a quick reply!

She is the 2 Door hatch with the twin carbs.
The less sophisticated cars are the best for this part of the world. Thats why carbs are a good thing. Our roads are really really bad. It is pointless to spend money on ultra fancy suspension that will be shot in less than 2 years.

I have someone who can purchase bits and pieces on my behalf. I just have to find those elusive places.
There are nasty quality Chinese parts available for some of the newer models which are about as useful as a taffy spanner. When I have the chance I like to find decent quality.
There were only a handful of CRX s that reached here . I was never able to find air cleaners so had to have them made up. There is not much back up for anything. We just keep reusing what we have.There is no public transport anymore so a car is a necessity.

I will have a look at the ID plate if you need definitive identification.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi @flamelily, welcome to CC :thumbs up

The 2-door hatch is a CRX. Del Sols were sold under the names of Civics and CRXs in some situations, but they have a pretty distinct body style that definitely isn't a hatchback.

Are you looking for parts outlets online or local stores? You mentioned that CRXs are scarce there, but if there are other Civics/Hondas from that generation you might be able to salvage parts from them. That was the case with my old Del Sol, a lot of interchangeable parts.