What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

NOLAcivic

Respected
Got the lawnmower running :mrgreen: Yeah, the weather's been wonky here lately, but it's shaping up to be a hell of a hot summer...

Also got my buddies Goldwing running too! Only runs with the choke fully engaged, but we managed to get it down to the gas station and filled up. He's investigating how to properly tune the 4 carb setup now. :thumbs up

I'm still waiting on enough paychecks to be able to buy my transmission rebuild kit... :scurred:
I feel you man. I'm in New Orleans. The humidity and heat are already coming around. Then it gets cool for a day and then hot. Good thing is it's crawfish season early! I've been cutting the grass every weekend already lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A tree fell on the power lines right outside of my neighborhood. Was without power for about 10 hours; overnight anyway. Fun stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cards Against Humanity is the best!

Got back from England yesterday. Had a blast despite it being for work. Best part with it being a work trip, I spent like $20 of my own money for it. Counting plane, hotel, etc. That terrorist attack happened while I was there, but was about 1.5 hours from it.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Was supposed to play CAH last night
Wound up with some Pictionary instead
Then went down to Ultra for a couple hours

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vacuumed and cleaned and conditioned the leather in thr Dodge. Getting ready for our trip to Laughlin Nevada for a truck show this weekend.

Still no dice on getting the piece of s**t Mazda running.

Gonna put the rest of the interior put in and get it ready to push into the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mowed the lawn finally
Most of it, until I ran out of gas
Took the dog to get pizza

Going to go meet up with people and see about what to do

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally got around to replacing my the TPS in the RSX today. Some interesting things came up, as usual.

For one, upon taking the intake off, the small hole in the filter had somehow grown quite a bit....

Whatever. I replaced it today anyways. FYI Amazon sells very cheap air filters and the reviews were pretty good overall. So we'll see.

Also notable, I discovered a piece of toast in the engine bay. I assume it started out as bread and became toast on its travels... :lol:

Toast aside. I got to replacing the TPS. Had to dremel notches in the screws to get the OEM one off. Ktuned replacement had new ones anyways.

Got everything back together and just had to calibrate it. It's supposed to be 0.475v closed, and just under 5v wide open. Set it to 0.47 (multimeter didn't do third decimal place). But instead of reading close to 5v open, it only went up to about 3.6v?? Not sure why. Car drove fine on a 20 minute drive though. CEL also popped on for low TPS voltage. Idle RPM is a bit low (between 600-700 rpm; should be 750), so a buddy of mine is going to grab a good multimeter from his work and we'll recalibrate it tomorrow.

Also, going to be buying some new tires for the AP1 wheels this week. Not exactly sure which tires I want yet. BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2, Dunlop Direzza DZ102, Continental ExtremeContact Sport are three I am thinking about though.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hung out in hammocks on top of a mountain yesterday.

Good times.

This second picture is of the site we hung up at, but shows how concealed we were from the main foot traffic. The hammocks are up in this photo.

Oh and for those that care.. 3.6 miles, 700 ft elevation gain, 40 pound pack.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hung out in hammocks on top of a mountain yesterday.

Good times.

This second picture is of the site we hung up at, but shows how concealed we were from the main foot traffic. The hammocks are up in this photo.

Oh and for those that care.. 3.6 miles, 700 ft elevation gain, 40 pound pack.

Mountains... pfffft :rolf:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We can't all live by the Rocky's. :'(

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I haven't been on here in awhile.

Work has been super slow for the last three months. My last paycheck was only $500. Three months ago I was making close to $1200 a check.

Started painting the interior of my house and got the living room finished. We went with a light grey and a darker shade for the door trims and baseboards.

Haven't done much with the Si lately because due to lack of funds. However, on my way down to Philly last week on the turnpike, a Chevy pickup with Jersey plates was driving down the right lane and I was in the left lane about to pass him when a lid from a bucket he had in the bed flew out and landed in the path of my car. I ran it over, and thought nothing of it. Then last Friday while I was running an errand, I noticed my foglight and front bumper looked a little weird so I crouched down and took a look.

This is what I found:

My Morimoto foglight is okay thankfully, but my stock housing is destroyed. The bracket split apart on the left edge and my foglight assembly bounces around inside the housing. My mum called the insurance today and they said we might not have to pay anything to get it fixed, but we will find out when we call claims tonight.

It's been a stressful few months for my family. Hopefully some good things will come my way soon. Might have to pick up a second job on the weekends to cover the missing funds. After I pay my bills I end up with nothing.

Anyways, how's everyone's Monday going lol?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My Morimoto foglight is okay thankfully, but my stock housing is destroyed. The bracket split apart on the left edge and my foglight assembly bounces around inside the housing. My mum called the insurance today and they said we might not have to pay anything to get it fixed, but we will find out when we call claims tonight.

It's been a stressful few months for my family. Hopefully some good things will come my way soon. Might have to pick up a second job on the weekends to cover the missing funds. After I pay my bills I end up with nothing.

Anyways, how's everyone's Monday going lol?

Keep us posted on how it goes. Good things will definitely come your way though, just keep your head up!

April 8, Watkins Glen opening day! 3 laps around the track. It's a blast so @Szady and I are going. We also do a fun run with a local shop here... basically a couple hundred cars on a spirited cruise to The Glen... a ton of fun.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep us posted on how it goes. Good things will definitely come your way though, just keep your head up!

April 8, Watkins Glen opening day! 3 laps around the track. It's a blast so @Szady and I are going. We also do a fun run with a local shop here... basically a couple hundred cars on a spirited cruise to The Glen... a ton of fun.
My appointment for the body shop is set for Monday. Comprehensive is covering it thankfully and I get a rental.

Wish I could go. I've only been on Watkins Glen once and it was a fuel efficiency race and road rally.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cleaning the mazda and waiting on my last few parts to show up.

Think i got a good idea of why the mazda isnt running but waiting on an overnight shipment from my wiring guy. One more day to make it run before i push it in the trailer. We leave Thursday

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sunset drive to Key Largo yesterday
Sun set behind some clouds, go figure

Then ran down to Islamorada today for lunch
Looks like all the Bloodline stuff is gone, and this is supposed to be their last season

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been getting into loose teas lately, because I don't drink coffee. I have some scottish caramel puerh tea, and some ice wine flavored black tea which is pretty interesting.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been getting into loose teas lately, because I don't drink coffee. I have some scottish caramel puerh tea, and some ice wine flavored black tea which is pretty interesting.
Why do you not drink coffee? Is it the taste, or something related to health?