speed sensor plug: 92 civic w/ d16y7

soso.....

hey guys im new to this, i was wondering if anybody can help me out here. i have a 1992 civic hatchback that has had its engine swap to a d16y7 motor that i can not connect the speed sensor male and female connectors to. is it because its damage or wrong sensor for the car?... im not a tuner or a ricer lol i just got it for a daily and im clueless about car engines. i really enjoy this car and might possibly give it and engine swap when the motor is no longer running. thanks!!! 20170413_141431.jpg 20170413_144007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I moved this thread into the correct section since its not a "DIY How to". Please read the section descriptions when in doubt of where to post if you want your questions to receive helpful exposure.

Buying an engine swapped car while having no automotive knowledge is a risky move, so its in your best interest to get very familiar with researching. In this case you can visit an online OEM parts dealer, such as HondaPartsNow.com, and compare parts numbers for what was originally in your Civic and the D16Y7 engines original vehicle model "'96-'00 Civic LX".

If the part numbers vary then you need to cut or re-pin & swap the plug harness. It's been done with many swaps so get familiar with our search function and figure out the rest, then post your findings here for confirmation.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

soso.....

thanks, idk if the engine and transmissiom was swap altogether. the car was given to me by a buddy that knew i needed a car but couldnt afford to buy one.

soso.....

thanks guys. i did use google to try and learn and youtube too. but didnt get any help thats why im on this forum. i appreciate the help

RED95EGEX23

I second that. As you learn more and more about your car you will acquire new research knowledge to better help you to find what you are trying to look for and later accomplish. Good luck! You can do it!