Y8 head on d16z6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeper1087

Hey everyone so i have 94 civic with a d16z6 trying to do the mini me swap and change head to the Y8 head. Do anyone know a good place i could go to get one or order one? Also if im prepping for boost what should be next thing i do?

slowDB7

ebay, craigslist, pick a parts yard, the parts for sale area here on CC

also you are not doing a mini me swap (mini me= vtec head on non vtec block) you have a d16z6 which is vtec already, why would you want to swap heads

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would personally prefer a z6 head, and that's not a mini me swap. Listen to the guy above me lol.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not only is this not pertaining to a 9th gen. Civic but you're not showing anything off either. Please read the section descriptions before posting and select accordingly if you wish to maximize helpful exposure. I also tweaked your title to be more pertinent to your question.

With all thst said, if you want to swap a head yet dont know something as relatively simplevas where to find used engine parts then I strongly suggest to do plenty of research before purchasing or swapping anything. Our search function is a great start.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The gains from a y8 head on a z6 if there are any would be negligible. From what I remember, the y8 IM flows differently than the z6 making better power on the lower end and sacrificing top end...that is if IIRC, it's been a while. I might have it reversed. Also, I believe you're supposed to use the hardware from the corresponding head i.e. bolts/gasket. That being said, unless you already have all the parts, you'd just be wasting your time and money for gains that may or may not be there.

If you're dealing with a shot z6 head then maybe getting a y8 head to replace would be an easier find but if not then I would stick with the z6, it's a good little motor.

RED95EGEX23

The Z6 is a good 1.6 motor to modify if you have the funds. I'm not sure how much the block and heads can withstand with internal modifications, i.e. higher powered compressions and greater torque output, but as a lightweight factory spec'd NA engine you can go far with your bolt on setup.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not only is this not pertaining to a 9th gen. Civic but you're not showing anything off either. Please read the section descriptions before posting and select accordingly if you wish to maximize helpful exposure. I also tweaked your title to be more pertinent to your question.

With all thst said, if you want to swap a head yet dont know something as relatively simplevas where to find used engine parts then I strongly suggest to do plenty of research before purchasing or swapping anything. Our search function is a great start.
This was from 2013 homie. I'm lockin dis bish.

Status
Not open for further replies.