What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All this exercise and training for the fire department. I feel like a hyper 14 year old. Just full of energy bouncing off the walls.

But I'm also turning into this arrogant a*****e because my friends make bad choices lol.

I keep trying to get them to work out with me, go hiking, etc. They get mad at me because I'm not playing video games with them.

I'm not trying to have some kind of superiority complex. I'm not judging them or anything, but they assume I'm too good for video games.

b***h I'm trying to accomplish something right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Get it gurrrrrl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went flying for an hour or so over the beach
Then made the mistake of driving there
Traffic is horrendous today
But I did enjoy delaying some uppity cunt in her Benz honking at me

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went flying for an hour or so over the beach
Then made the mistake of driving there
Traffic is horrendous today
But I did enjoy delaying some uppity cunt in her Benz honking at me
You should have jumped out of the plane / helicopter and landed on the beach. While flipping off the uppity cunt on your way down to land.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Skydiving is still on my list
As is riding in and/or flying a chopper

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn I haven't been on here in a minute........

Selling my Civic to a friend tomorrow. Bought a 2017 HRV LX AWD last week and absolutely f**king love it.

Well hey there John! :D

Sweet new ride. Build thread? ;)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well hey there John! :D

Sweet new ride. Build thread? ;)

Haha nope. This baby is staying stock. I'm gonna get it tinted though because I finally have a car that can legally get tinted. Put in brighter headlight bulbs because halogens suck and I have LED reverse lights on the way because the backup camera on these cars suck and I can't see anything through it at night.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha nope. This baby is staying stock. I'm gonna get it tinted though because I finally have a car that can legally get tinted. Put in brighter headlight bulbs because halogens suck and I have LED reverse lights on the way because the backup camera on these cars suck and I can't see anything through it at night.

Hey bud! Congrats on the pick up!

But wait, how can you legally tint this with the new tint inspection law they just passed? There's a pretty lengthy discussion on Roclife about it which just sort of ends with "NYS sucks, strip your tint before inspection" :(

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

But wait, how can you legally tint this with the new tint inspection law they just passed? There's a pretty lengthy discussion on Roclife about it which just sort of ends with "NYS sucks, strip your tint before inspection" :(
10 bucks says Jon plans to bring a copy of the US Constitution with him

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
10 bucks says Jon plans to bring a copy of the US Constitution with him

:rolf: :bluelol: I hope it works out for him, because come December I gotta get rid of my tint too. This new inspection law blows.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

My car isn't considered a "passenger vehicle" because it's an SUV. I can get the back doors/rear window as dark as I want but the front doors have to let more than 70% light in.

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/tinted-windows

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My car isn't considered a "passenger vehicle" because it's an SUV. I can get the back doors/rear window as dark as I want but the front doors have to let more than 70% light in.

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/tinted-windows
Ah, I thought you meant you had some special way to get the front windows legal as well. Front windows already let ~70% of light in, so they can't be tinted at all.

I could pull the side window tint off my car and leave the rear glass to be as dark as I want, but that would just ook goofy.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ah, I thought you meant you had some special way to get the front windows legal as well. Front windows already let ~70% of light in, so they can't be tinted at all.

I could pull the side window tint off my car and leave the rear glass to be as dark as I want, but that would just ook goofy.
Ooohh HA...I wish. f**k NYS. I don't see myself leaving this state for a long time unfortunately. I have a stable career, all of my friends and family are here... I have zero reason to leave. And it's not like these laws uber f**k me in the ass anyways. The roads suck, taxes suck, and sure this tint law sucks but none of those are ruining my life, ya know?

I'm mainly getting the tint for two reasons: 1. helps keep the interior cooler 2. protect the plastics from fading. Once I get the tint, I'll be getting a sunshade for the windshield too. I'm gonna try to maintain the s**t out of this car.

edit - Also, I see so many people driving around with tinted front windows. I saw at least a dozen cars alone yesterday. Some SUV's and some passenger vehicles. I'm considering getting my fronts slighter darker than 70%.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I rock 20 percent all the way around with a big ass sunstrip on the windshield so....

[emoji38]

Quick recent pic. You can see the sunstrip if you zoom

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I rock 20 percent all the way around with a big ass sunstrip on the windshield so....

[emoji38]

Quick recent pic. You can see the sunstrip if you zoom

Better pic. Double post because.. why not

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
After doing a strip on my truck, I can never do one again.
They just don't look right anymore

Time to polish those headlights though

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ooohh HA...I wish. f**k NYS. I don't see myself leaving this state for a long time unfortunately. I have a stable career, all of my friends and family are here... I have zero reason to leave. And it's not like these laws uber f**k me in the ass anyways. The roads suck, taxes suck, and sure this tint law sucks but none of those are ruining my life, ya know?

I'm mainly getting the tint for two reasons: 1. helps keep the interior cooler 2. protect the plastics from fading. Once I get the tint, I'll be getting a sunshade for the windshield too. I'm gonna try to maintain the s**t out of this car.

edit - Also, I see so many people driving around with tinted front windows. I saw at least a dozen cars alone yesterday. Some SUV's and some passenger vehicles. I'm considering getting my fronts slighter darker than 70%.
Yeah, that's why I got tint as well. Keeps the leather seats cooler. And well I just like it as a aesthetic too haha. I planned ahead of this inspection law coming into place. Inspection was up March, but with the law going into effect Jan 1st, I got my inspection last week of December. But I'm doomed this upcoming December.

I feel you though, if you don't have a reason to leave, don't! Personally I have a few reasons, namely I'm not from this area and my college buddies have largely moved away. I don't think I've seen you since the Honda Tech meet in Albion my first year here in the area! :lol:

Yeah, well f**k you! After December. I'm with you until then, minus the sunstrip. :lol:

Sunstrip looks good on that car though!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After doing a strip on my truck, I can never do one again.
They just don't look right anymore

Time to polish those headlights though
Most definitely. They've got condensation on the inside somehow. My sister had the car before me. Bought another jeep of the same bodystyle and took the good headlights off of this one and put the s**t ones on it.

It'll be paid off in October and then I'll finally sink some money into it.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Huh, so I've always just thought that tint made cars hotter because it's another layer of stuff trapping heat in... Hell, I might try to get my civic's windows tinted if the opposite is true, Alabama gets bloody warm sometimes :roll:

Finished 3d printing an oculus rift stand at work today, glad my printer is up and running again!