endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lord I wish, I would only do Engine Mounts, Coilovers and sticky tires. Crap ton of tracking lol
I wouldn't do s**t. Bone stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I wouldn't do s**t. Bone stock.

I don't have the restraint lol

Summit pulled through, rotors were on back order until May 12th. Decided to keep the ones that came with the kit and the BP10 pads until I do my autox on May 14th. Want to see how this setup does before my track day on May 27th.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking good man been a while since I read this. Gave me a lot of motivation. I'm happy to see you still have this car. I actually purchased the hunter green 96 lx we spoke about like a year and a half ago. I really like that hood it sets off that track look. Almost reminds me of the kanjo cars lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
looking good man been a while since I read this. Gave me a lot of motivation. I'm happy to see you still have this car. I actually purchased the hunter green 96 lx we spoke about like a year and a half ago. I really like that hood it sets off that track look. Almost reminds me of the kanjo cars lol.

Thanks man.

AutoX tomorrow

Brakes still need a good bleed, I didn't feel like getting a pump or asking for help. Bought some Russell speed bleeders. Highly recommend, so easy to use and work flawlessly.

This is absolutely gross, I bleed them all through until fluid was clear.

Trying Liqui-Moly 5w40 for the first time, and after doing a lot of research on oil filters I went with K&N. K&N uses cellulose that those a nice job keeping oil clean and helps high viscosity oil flow easily.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Good first event, suspension feels great. Tires hooked even though it was raining. Brakes felt great, I need to ease up on them.

I was worried about rubbing due to the height prier to going to the even but after I emptied the trunk it raised just enough.

I'm going to be doing the valve seals and figuring out why I have a dead spot right now when braking.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that's some good traction in the rain. I would like to try this one day seems legit. Where's that airport?

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Damn that's some good traction in the rain. I would like to try this one day seems legit. Where's that airport?

This is Ayer, MA. People call it Deven's but officially called Moore's all field.

Final piece to the ITR, valve seals (intake/exhaust). Ordered a new valve spring tool.

Head still on the car.

Done, 14 more to go.

Running like a champ now. But with Win comes an L, lol. My rear brake lines rotted out. Had to ebrake down shift it home lmao.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Here's the brake line fix/patch, flared and unioned with fittings. Here's New England for you.

Made my own Bench bleed setup with Home Depot stuff for my master cylinder, 265k miles was enough on the stock one lol

Makes bleeding easy, learned something new too. Normally I started with farthest and ended with the closest caliper when bleeding. Honda is RRear, LFront, LRear and RFront

Wheel Bearing started making noise.

My GF was graduating so I trolled her a little

Track Day at Canaan Motorsports Park.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good ol compression fittings [emoji1591]

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jelly jar is full. I'm not sure I'll make any track events this year. Really just need to be ready for the Dragon event in Oct.