Made all the better with the A/C out again

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had my interview with the fire department yesterday. Definitely the most strict and professional interview I've ever had. But I feel good about it.

Now to wait and see if I get picked.

If I do, then I have to complete a polygraph, psych eval, and a physical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had my interview with the fire department yesterday. Definitely the most strict and professional interview I've ever had. But I feel good about it.

Now to wait and see if I get picked.

If I do, then I have to complete a polygraph, psych eval, and a physical.

You got this B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Scraped my passenger side skirt on a landscape timber retaining wall yesterday. Pissed I was that close to it. Guess its time to get it repainted on a year old vehicle...

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last day working at my university job was today. Had to do a scavenger hunt of finding offices to sign off on paperwork :roll:
I already miss my coworkers and boss; really glad I had the opportunity to work with and for them while I did.

New job starts Monday, I'm looking forward to seeing how companies in industry operate =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I go back to work in 2 days and haven't accomplished s**t.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Drove from NY to bumfuck Missouri on July 9 for a family reunion. 18 hour drive. Stayed for 36 hours due to previous plans to camp / hike in Maine with friends. Really wanted to go though since my dad/aunt/uncle were driving by from Mass to go there anyways, and I haven't seen most of the family there since 5th grade.

Flew back on July 12, but storms in Chicago meant I had to deal with 9 f***ing hours of flight delays. So aggravating. Even sat on a plane for 1.5 hours. Left the gate, waited to takeoff and never did, so we just went back to the gate.

Was supposed to get back at 4:30pm. Ended up getting back at 1:30am the following morning. Unpacked, instantly repacked for a trip to Maine, and left at 4am. 8 hour drive ahead. Drove to Syracuse on the way to Maine to pick up a friend. He and another friend drove while I finally slept a bit in the back. Got to Portland Maine, picked up more friends. Took 2 cars and then drove 3 more hours to Acadia National Park. Did some camping and lots of drinking. Next morning we got up at 6 and hiked 8 miles to the top of some mountain and then to some scenic ocean views. Then throughout the next 2 days we went to 10 different breweries back in Portland. I got iced 5 times throughout the weekend as well. Damn Smirnoffs. Brought back 6 lobsters yesterday.

Overall a great last 10 days. Drove through 10 states. 11 if you count time spent at my 4 hour delay in Dallas.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drove from NY to bumfuck Missouri on July 9 for a family reunion. 18 hour drive. Stayed for 36 hours due to previous plans to camp / hike in Maine with friends. Really wanted to go though since my dad/aunt/uncle were driving by from Mass to go there anyways, and I haven't seen most of the family there since 5th grade.

Flew back on July 12, but storms in Chicago meant I had to deal with 9 f***ing hours of flight delays. So aggravating. Even sat on a plane for 1.5 hours. Left the gate, waited to takeoff and never did, so we just went back to the gate.

Was supposed to get back at 4:30pm. Ended up getting back at 1:30am the following morning. Unpacked, instantly repacked for a trip to Maine, and left at 4am. 8 hour drive ahead. Drove to Syracuse on the way to Maine to pick up a friend. He and another friend drove while I finally slept a bit in the back. Got to Portland Maine, picked up more friends. Took 2 cars and then drove 3 more hours to Acadia National Park. Did some camping and lots of drinking. Next morning we got up at 6 and hiked 8 miles to the top of some mountain and then to some scenic ocean views. Then throughout the next 2 days we went to 10 different breweries back in Portland. I got iced 5 times throughout the weekend as well. Damn Smirnoffs. Brought back 6 lobsters yesterday.

Overall a great last 10 days. Drove through 10 states. 11 if you count time spent at my 4 hour delay in Dallas.
That actually sounds fun. Memories for sure.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Headed back to North Dakota tomorrow for 22 days. Got a last minute nerve block procedure today. Hurt like a b***h. Last one didnt hurt bad at all. Right leg is completely numb. Was an interesting drive home. Hopefully I'm in better shape tomorrow or work is gonna be fun.

All my parts i ordered are gonna be here this week which obviously does me zero good. 3 more weeks until i can touch that xterra again. Sucks

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still waiting to hear back from the FD to see if I made the cut. Two friends of mine in the process both got rejection letters on Monday. I haven't received anything, so I guess no news is good news. Hoping to hear something today.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the email today. They extended a job offer! :D I made the cut.

Now I've got to successfully complete the polygraph, psych evaluation, and a physical.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got the email today. They extended a job offer! :D I made the cut.

Now I've got to successfully complete the polygraph, psych evaluation, and a physical.
WOOO HOOO!!!!