Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I really hope that I can get finished up for the Dragon. I'd really like to have it done and ready for a track day in Sept. But I'm not pushing to dates, it'll get done eventually...haha. I'll be at the Dragon regardless of the car status though.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've become a victim of the Photobucket scam of wanting $400 a year for my photos be seen. So, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. But I did get the last coat of paint down and I had the WireWorx firewall plate as well as the ASR radiator bottom brackets powder coated. OEM Honda order should be picked up today. And I'll start assembling as soon as the paint is cured. As of last night, I was not ready...it's been rather humid here, so it may take a while.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, but the problem with that, everything over the last 7 years that I have posted in here is "gone" in a sense. Hopefully they reverse this insane policy because of the backlash. $400/yr is ridiculous. But I'll have to look at this direct option. I'm too old to even realize it was an option I guess...lol. I'm just used to having to host and post.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So here are the current pics then with direct upload. Test fit the radiator and mocked up the firewall plate and ASR brackets. I finished painting on Monday! And 24hr turn around on powder for my parts. Matte black metallic.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Jump on the Flickr bandwagon. It's nicer than PB anyway. PB has always been assholes with their usage limitations. So many older threads have no photos thanks to them it sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jump on the Flickr bandwagon. It's nicer than PB anyway. PB has always been assholes with their usage limitations. So many older threads have no photos thanks to them it sucks
I'm going to look at them again. I didn't really like Flickr back when I looked at them before. And I always hate dealing with them after an event and someone loads to it. But it also goes back to fixing all 7,500 broken links in various threads now. Its really irritating.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Officially have things going back together! It'll still be slow, but its the right direction!

PCI upper arms, with Downstar hardware.

Wiring getting sorted. WireWorx headlight harness was run through the door harness boot, but by cutting a corner from the boot as I've seen done far too many times. And the wiper motor harness was pulled inside, along with everything else, and run out through the hood release grommet.

Oil cooler was an easy add, so I tossed it on. Engine mounts are also in place.

Last edited:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally. Ordered the extended spherical ball joints from ESM on May 2. Without going into all the details, I got a few different stories to the problem. But they offered me their spherical tie rod ends as an apology. The order arrived yesterday.

They look well made. But don't order if you're on a tight timeline.

Last edited:

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Officially have things going back together! It'll still be slow, but its the right direction!

PCI upper arms, with Downstar hardware.

Wiring getting sorted. WireWorx headlight harness was run through the door harness boot, but by cutting a corner from the boot as I've seen done far too many times. And the wiper motor harness was pulled inside, along with everything else, and run out through the hood release grommet.

Oil cooler was an easy add, so I tossed it on. Engine mounts are also in place.
This is looking so damn clean. Makes me really want to tear my car back apart over winter. I really like that headlight harness too. I'm in for feedback on those suspension pieces when you get them on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is looking so damn clean. Makes me really want to tear my car back apart over winter. I really like that headlight harness too. I'm in for feedback on those suspension pieces when you get them on the road.
Thanks man. I'm looking forward to getting all of these items to work. I've decided to change directions when this is back together. I had plans to pull the car again this winter, or just keep rolling if its not ready for the Dragon, and gut the interior for overhaul. I've decided not to do this. I've had the car down for the greater part of 3 years now and I'm sick of working on it. I need to get back out and enjoy the thing. I think that I'm just going to address a few things inside and then leave it be for the most part. Should I ever decide to put a full cage in, that is when I'll do the major overhaul to the interior.

JBav

I really hope that I can get finished up for the Dragon. I'd really like to have it done and ready for a track day in Sept. But I'm not pushing to dates, it'll get done eventually...haha. I'll be at the Dragon regardless of the car status though.
Finally. Ordered the extended spherical ball joints from ESM on May 2. Without going into all the details, I got a few different stories to the problem. But they offered me their spherical tie rod ends as an apology. The order arrived yesterday.

They look well made. But don't order if you're on a tight timeline.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't blame if you take this year off, it's a lot to do.
That and I'm more focused on spending time with my wife and baby girl.

But I managed to get a little done Sunday. Very busy weekend otherwise. Another busy one coming with my brother and his family coming down for a visit.

Finished putting the WireWorx harness on the chassis. Interior is ready to accept it. To that, I needed to pull the headlight harness into the cabin as I was putting the fuse box back in the bay. De-pinned and pulled the harness inside and then pushed the exterior wiring out. Fuse box is back in place now. I needed to trim a little of the AC location to put the engine harness through, so paint touch up is in progress. And the Downstar OEM harness delete plate is in.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Decent bit of work on a busy weekend with family in town. Slowly getting there. Knuckles will be next after I change the ball joints to the ESM units. Them plumb up the brakes and bleed.