Honda Civic lx y7 to y8 mami

King.ck

I have a 2000 ej6 four doors with a y7 I have a y8 Manuel trans yes it's been converted to stick and I also just put a y8 mani , it ran great with the y7 manifold but one I put the y8 mani it started to jerk off I didn't switch the intake mani gasket because the oem one was good still use stock fuel rail n injectors I used a y7 throttle body and also a y7 tb gasket changed the butter fly spring I changed the ignitor on the desi changed the map I'm running ngk spark plug wires but yet I don't know wat makes it jerk off no check engine lights either it has stock headers for now but they aren't connected to the rest of the pipping due to me just putting the engine back in and yes I ran all the lines correctly and no I don't have no air leaks please help I do not know what's wrong haha

King.ck

Post the donor Civic year of the Y8 IM.

Describe in detail exactly what "jerk off" means.
Idk I just got it off some guy on Facebook haha but I had it before on my ek hatch I just swapped it into my LX but it like started to sputter like it'll idel at 800rpms then once you let the car warm up the rpm goes down to 200 or 100 then goes back up to 800 n it does it constantly

King.ck

If the IM is from a 99-00 Civic, it has the fuel air injection system that would cause idle problems when installed on a D16Y7 engine.
I doubt it because I had it on my 96 ek hatch too n didn't do the same thing it does now

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
started to sputter like it'll IDLE at 800rpms then once you let the car warm up the rpm goes down to 200 or 100 then goes back up to 800 n it does it constantly
You DO have a leak somewhere if your idle is fluctuating like it is.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No I don't I checked Ik how to check when I have leaks n no I got zero leaks
If your idle is going up and down repeatedly, you DO have a vacuum leak somewhere.

King.ck

If your idle is going up and down repeatedly, you DO have a vacuum leak somewhere.
I doubt it lol because I covered all vacuums leaks lol n I mean it easy to tell when u have a leak not all the time Rpms go up and down t means you got a leak it might the Iacv but I'm changing it rn I took out the engine and putting in new gaskets in but let's see what happens

King.ck

T
A bad fuel pump would not throw a code. Are any codes currently thrown?
yes it threw the Evap gas tank code so I just decide to change fuel pump n it took off had a spare fuel pump so why not haha but no has no codes on rn it runs good like keeps a steady rpm until the car starts to warm up then it starts to jerk off in the rpms

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I doubt it lol because I covered all vacuums leaks lol n I mean it easy to tell when u have a leak not all the time Rpms go up and down t means you got a leak it might the Iacv but I'm changing it rn I took out the engine and putting in new gaskets in but let's see what happens
Geez, based on all this alone, seems like you know everything and have it covered.

King.ck

Geez, based on all this alone, seems like you know everything and have it covered.
Not really haha just know something's haven't really worked on d series that's why I really don't know what's wrong Kuz had same mani in my 96 then I put it on my lx n it started to act up