Passenger Power Window won't roll down

Buttaz54

I bought this 92 Civic that was converted to 5 speed. I have a power window problem. All windows work except my passenger side window. I can roll it up, but not down. I have tested the switch, motor, and regualtor on the back passenger window and it all works as it should. I replaced the wire harness in the passenger door and get the same results. I most recently replaced the driver side master switch, but I get the same thing.. I noticed that there were a couple wires cut on the driver side for the power window switch, but I wired it and still nothing. I've replaced fuses. What else would be causing this..?

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With cut wires it sounds like a continuity issue. Double check with a multimeter that when you press the button, the right wires are shorted together.

Buttaz54

Check for a broken wires in the driver and passenger side door jamb connector.
I did check there. The previous owner had rewired the blue/black wire because it had broken off, so it was not going through the connector in the door jamb on passenger side. The broken wires I mentioned were at the driver side door jamb.

Buttaz54

With cut wires it sounds like a continuity issue. Double check with a multimeter that when you press the button, the right wires are shorted together.
I have a multimeter but never used one before. How would I go about doing that?

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a multimeter but never used one before. How would I go about doing that?
Well, some multimeters come with a "continuity test" feature that will beep when the wires short together. If yours doesn't, then you can use the ohmmeter setting to see when the resistance goes from open circuit -- usually "0.L" on the display -- to short circuit: near 0 ohms. The main thing to remember is never use an ohmmeter on a live circuit :thumbs up