96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Friend & I went karting
First heat was good. I came in 1st, she came in 2nd.
Second heat had a group of assholes smashing into us and yet never got waved
Third heat, just me & the friend. Laps didn't start registering until probably well after a normal heat would be finished + my kart never registered a single one and by the end, it had booted me off the screen as if I was never there. Didn't ask anyone about it, kinda hoping I get a free heat next time to make up for it or if it stays on my account as unused one.

LOTS of rain today. Love going 30mph on the highway.

Finished off the day with some Texas Roadhouse. I don't know what was going on, but just before leaving the power went in & out about 5 times. Reset the place to full light like in cleaning/after-hours mode, TVs knocked out, etc.

Last edited:

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went to my first drag strip event yesterday :headbang:

A friend from Birmingham brought his 800hp green BMW up and met us there:

And Travis brought his Miata:

The day ended with some muscle cars competing for $1k, the blue car pulled a wheelie for the first 60' or so; was pretty cool.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What a day.

Went to go help with Puerto Rico supply efforts. Man, was that unorganized.
Knocked out a bunch of pallets & got to chatting with a cutie from Chicago.
Debating whether to go back tomorrow.

Also stopped by one of the malls to get some Sbarro and checked on a friends niece.
Their store just renovated and now is the largest Nike store in the world.

Also had to endure FSU losing to UM, one of the worst college football fan bases I know of.
So now, of course, so many of their fans are talking a ton of s**t. Hey, congrats, you guys struggled until the last 19 seconds of the game to finally pull ahead of the back-up squad. Real accomplishment right there.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Iv been checkin that build for a few days HOLY s**t nice is not the word build... i had an 92 hardbody back in 97 my first build and minis my first love b4 the honda bug bit and i thought it was the balls... ill look for polaroids lol..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Iv been checkin that build for a few days HOLY s**t nice is not the word build... i had an 92 hardbody back in 97 my first build and minis my first love b4 the honda bug bit and i thought it was the balls... ill look for polaroids lol..

I’d like to see it if u can find em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I’d like to see it if u can find em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Found a few had to dig through old albums (circa 97-98) and 1 of my civdog about 10yrs ago at custom compact power jam at carlisle in PA, i would take the 4hr drive every yr for that show has to be the best weekend show iv ever been to..

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Spent a few hours yesterday cutting up a tree from Irma that took down part of the fence and added it to one of the huge piles out front.
Also washed the Civic for probably the first time in a year.

Today was Supercar Saturday
Only went because they received a Centenario Roadster a couple weeks ago
It wasn't there. The one thing I wanted to see. Finally saw a new Ford GT though
DoctaM3 was there to receive his purple Huracan Performante
JRGarage was there
DragTimes was there in his and with another 4 McLaren 720S'
Left after only about 30-45 minutes thanks to the rain

Waited until about 7pm before starting work on the Civic
Got a fender off
Have the door ready to pull
Figured I'd remove the junkyard key cylinder from the donor door
And that's when I learned that the window shouldn't be all the way at the top
Fuuuuuck. So either I try to give it power to lower a few inches tonight or just start early tomorrow

I'm bored.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just bought the first new set of tires for my civic.... I've owned the car for six years now with the tires my parents bought for me when I got it.