Exhaust upgrade

Daniel Santiago

Hello everyone,

I have a 90 DX 1.5l hatchback. My current exhaust, specifically the muffler is pretty rusty and I would like to upgrade it. I have checked on eBay and other sites but I have no idea what to get and I am looking for recommendations from you all . I don't want something loud and annoying that gives it a "ricer sound", but a deep tone would be nice. I am not planning on tuning my car it will stay as a daily driver, but I want to show it some love, starting with an exhaust upgrade. Again, any recommendations on brands or even specific parts # I can look online would be greatly appreciated!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thermal Research and Development, done!
Quality sound, fitment, nice welds, nice sound and wears very well being stainless.

Drakon543

I don't know much about thermal r+d but thier kits look well made. Invidia and skunk2 have an exhaust for you but far as I know they can be a little loud. Hks also has a kit and taneba also are good and I found a kit from them. There are a few others but the price goes up. EBay can be touch and go especially if it's from one of the offbrand eBay stores. It might fit perfectly or it might need work also it will most likely be loud but some aren't. Thermal r+d has good prices also I would do some YouTube searches on your end checking out some different exhaust sounds.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have an Invidia N1, it's loud when the engine is cold. VERY quiet when idling. Gets a bit loud when I get on it, especially when I hit vtaks.

I hear the Invidia Q300 is a step up from the N1, just a bit quieter.

kevinytube96

I have the invidia n1 on my 1.5 as well and sounds really good no raspy noises at all.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Manicotti

Hello everyone,

I have a 90 DX 1.5l hatchback. My current exhaust, specifically the muffler is pretty rusty and I would like to upgrade it. I have checked on eBay and other sites but I have no idea what to get and I am looking for recommendations from you all . I don't want something loud and annoying that gives it a "ricer sound", but a deep tone would be nice. I am not planning on tuning my car it will stay as a daily driver, but I want to show it some love, starting with an exhaust upgrade. Again, any recommendations on brands or even specific parts # I can look online would be greatly appreciated!
I got the Spec D b/c it was cheap honestly. So overly happy with it, sound is nice and deep, although its extremely hard to escape the ricer sound at high rpms with any exhaust I have heard. This has been the deepest I'v noticed. Fit like a glove. I got the litlte d15b 1.5l

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
although its extremely hard to escape the ricer sound at high rpms with any exhaust I have heard.
HKS, RS*R and TR&D didn't have that issue.
The only issue I had with the RS*R is that it wasn't' stainless, so it rotted where the piping went into the muffler.

FWDKILLER

why can't we all just have stock exhaust,I mean loud exaust all it does is track cops and thieves attentions.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Big exhaust = big power
Im switching my 3" to a 4" this spring

Sent from my boujea ass phone

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
My snail makes it a bit deep sounding, no fart can sounds here..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm going from 2.5 inch to 1 inch exhaust I like quietness not a fart cannon like on every Honda.
Do you have any real idea of what you're talking about?
Why would you drop down in pipe diameter and go under factory spec. That seems inefficient and constrictive.
You want to have a good balance when it comes to exhaust.
2.25" piping is good enough for these cars, especially if they're stock to mildly modified.
Poor, loud and obnoxious sound will come from a poor quality muffler, having no catalytic converter and/or removing the resonator.