CIVIC PROJECT FIRST TIME

5 speed conversion

• yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FWDKILLER

I Have 2 civic the white one is an automatic that I bought for 300$ it runs good and drives llike new but my main question for you guys is should I fix this up or try to fix my black one in which is 96 dx but it was rolled once and the roof is crunched .
I Just bought the car as a parts car but the car still runs and drive just fine besides the door don't close also it s a manualll 5 speed. Should I go do 5 speed conversion on my 99 or try to fix the 96?

WP_20171124_15_46_23_Pro.jpg CAR.jpg

FWDKILLER

what do I need for 5 speed conversion? can anyone help i'm new here.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
If you have both cars, auto and 5sp then you have everything you need

Sent from my boujea ass phone

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
This is a no brainer....
Fix the white automatic and do the manual swap.

Have you researched?
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/auto-to-manual-conversion-complete-part-list.157624/

For your first post its always easier to ask and have the answers handed to rather then to use that happy lil spy glass lookin thingy... you know how to post pics i have all the faith in you to find the info and over a weekend make the swap happen. Post some pics of progress and we will be happy to guide you along if issues arise..

FWDKILLER

For your first post its always easier to ask and have the answers handed to rather then to use that happy lil spy glass lookin thingy... you know how to post pics i have all the faith in you to find the info and over a weekend make the swap happen. Post some pics of progress and we will be happy to guide you along if issues arise..

I will post pics I'll start once I get the parts car to my house still waiting on tow truck guy.

FWDKILLER

WP_20171130_12_21_57_Pro.jpg WP_20171130_12_21_32_Pro.jpg WP_20171130_12_21_32_Pro.jpg Update I got my donor car at home now but I might sell both vehicles and buy a Camaro or 2005 chevy cavalier

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
View attachment 29637 Update I got my donor car at home now but I might sell both vehicles and buy a Camaro or 2005 chevy cavalier
I say fix the auto and then do an auto-to-manual swap on it. Second option a Camaro. No Cavalier, though!

FWDKILLER

I say fix the auto and then do an auto-to-manual swap on it. Second option a Camaro. No Cavalier, though!
yeah I might do the manuel swap now I have go buy a grinder and jack stands . one scared me was a rat was inside of the car dashboard I don't know how many of them are in the car lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah I might do the manuel swap now I have go buy a grinder and jack stands . one scared me was a rat was inside of the car dashboard I don't know how many of them are in the car lol.
Haha, they will go away. I had an entire mouse nest in my intake manifold after letting it sit for an entire year.

FWDKILLER

another update I was offered 500$ for both vehicles and sold them than I bought 2005 cavalier. I needed something more reliable and part of a Chevy family also I got a ls1 out of a truck at the junk yard for 300 bucks so I will drop that in after rebuild.

FWDKILLER

WP_20171206_15_23_37_Pro.jpg got the engine out , shift linkage , pedals and ecu out of the donor car.
this motor is built with eagle rods and it was turboed at one point I believe it's not the original ecu and has jumper on it so it has a tuned on it.
so i will do a straight swap to save time on swaping fly wheel and clutch plates. Should be done in 3 days I still have to take the other engine out than put the other in.

Last edited:

FWDKILLER

WP_20171206_16_54_25_Pro.jpg WP_20171207_09_17_33_Pro.jpg WP_20171207_13_23_51_Pro.jpg 22EE5F8E-0188-4FE4-8EEC-C87BA8F503ED.jpg I forgot to mention that yesterday my hood flew open and smack my windshield so bad that I had to go to junk yard and get a replacement. Talk about bad luck with this car lol.
I also use the donor car door but it doesn't line up very well is it cause 96 and 99 are different?
starting the engine every time sounds like a Subaru after a few seconds or so all four cylinder fires up but during start up it running on 1 or 2 cylinder only for like 20 seconds any ideas?.

Last edited:

FWDKILLER

today I started to strip the donor car completely the parts comes with a mouse if anyone wants him he's still living inside the dashboard lol.
should I use the test pipe or the stock pipes ?
WP_20171209_16_03_30_Pro.jpg WP_20171209_16_03_13_Pro.jpg WP_20171209_16_03_49_Pro.jpg WP_20171209_16_03_13_Pro.jpg WP_20171209_16_03_42_Pro.jpg

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no

no one cares for your input please go kick rock somewhere thanks.

My info was correct, so I'll keep kicking rocks here.
This all coming from someone who claimed they had "experience", but who wanted to argue over a textbook head gasket issue, couldn't decide what car to keep and work on and ends up buying the wrong body parts, then asks about it. Yup, I think you got it backwards.
I thought you left anyway....empty promises.:roll:

Last edited:

FWDKILLER

My info was correct, so I'll keep kicking rocks here.
This all coming from someone who claimed they had "experience", but who wanted to argue over a textbook head gasket issue, couldn't decide what car to keep and work on and ends up buying the wrong body parts, then asks about it. Yup, I think you got it backwards.
I thought you left anyway....empty promises.:roll:
do you even have job? I mean you are on every post giving people false info I feel bad for you lol the same 3 people reply on every post.yeah your right I should leave this dead forum atleast Honda tech gots very bright people.You are just a trolbon Forum who has no job I feel sorry you guys.