GReddy Evo or Mugen Twin Loop?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I own a 2000 Civic Si with some basic bolt-on mods right now. All I want is some opinions from you guys about what exhaust i should put on my car. Right now its stock exhaust and its too damn quiet even though my custom made cold air sounds like a Hemi when i open the throttle. I narrowed my choices down to GReddy Evo FULL catback exhaust OR Mugen Twin Looped axle back exhaust. The GReddy is slightly less in cost and i get the full exhaust system but the Mugen is, well Mugen! but it costs slightly more. So, what do you guys think?!

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have the money to go Mugen, then I definitely say Mugen all the way!

Enjoi

coming back to cars...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that the same road that you shot a bottlerocket at me on

thakrnriceboi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think u should get the apex'i N1. if u want one of those 2 get the mugen

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by Enjoi
is that the same road that you shot a bottlerocket at me on

Its a small world isnt it? yes, that is the road that i shot a bottle rocket at you on, dustin!

I just bought these brake rotors and pads yesterday, should be arriving UPS in a week or so, ill let you guys know how they work out...they look insane dont they?!:shock:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is a personal preference, they both will perform about the same... however sense the mugen is just the axel back, you could go to your local muffler shop, and have my do a 2.5" mandral bent piping for you to the mugen muffler, and you'll see a tiny bit more gains there... really this is up to you....

i think the only reason your looking into getting the MTL is just to say that you have mugen.. and if thats the case, then just get the MTL

good luck on your purchas

b16asi226

The East Coast Kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
:werd:

like the man said, the mugen is only axel back, no power gains there, just sound. you could get a custom mid pipe bent, but you wont see the power increases of the greddy. id personally say go with the Apexi N1 or the Skunk2. but thats just me.

civic betty

little red rice rocket
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i've heard and seen a lot of exhausts out there... the ones i like best are the greddy evo (sick on my bro's prelude), skunk 2, and 5 zigen (sounds amazing on my friend's integra). if you really want the performance increase - if that's what you're going for - i'd stick w/ the full catback exhausts. you might want to check out http://www.wholesalehyperformance.com/ for info on all sorts of stuff. they have EVERYTHING!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
mugen claims the Si piping is "perfect" - that's why it's just an axleback.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey MugenKid18 if u were to buy the Mugen Twin Loop, where r u going to buy it from? Kingmotosports, Inlinefour or JDMHondaparts? well those are the only places i've seen them and if you buy the Mugen tell me your opinion cuz i got the same problem like you. Mugen, Tanabe or GReddy for my 00' Si.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey anfrey where did you get the info that Mugen claims that the piping on the Si is "perfect"?

needboost

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with the mugen, and take that vinyl banner off cause it'll add about 15.63% more horsepower at the wheels.

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nobody is reppin tanabe? Ive got the super racing medallion and i LOVE It. It sounds just right, deep but not crazy, and if its too loud I can pop in the silencer. Great quality, excelent fitment, and JDM goodness. After lots of research the tanabe R is just about the best exhaust you can buy for an SI without going titanium. Ooo and the canister is like "woa".

needboost

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriously, the titanium tanabe ownz everyone! wish i weren't dirt poor...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it's been posted as such since the twinloop came out. i'm not tryin to make an argument for/against anything, just putting some info out that might be relevant

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
werd anfrey. i have heard the same thing. just that tho...only heard it...i have no proof.

having not experieinced the MTL, i cant speak for it. however, i can speak for the EVO. i have it on my 98 EX and it is amazing! i love the sound of it. i would imagine it would only sound better on a nice DOHC B16.