2001, Honda Civic 1.6 sports.

Paul Lawrence

Hello Honda Users,
I have recently bought (9 days ago) a used honda civic, without any manuals, i have just found out tonight, that for some reason my front lights on dim dont work? Then i turn the engine on, and turn it to dim, all my lights on the dash board comes on, and the back lights are on. only then i turn it to main beam my front lights come on, Is this normal, cause it came with a full year M.O.T

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*Moderator note* Thread moved out of new member introduction section.

We ask that members leave the new member section for introductions only. Reason being that most members don't go through that section and your questions will never get answered in there. Also cuts down on clutter.

I don't really understand the question. Might be a lost in translation thing or a culture difference. What do you mean by dim? The outside lights don't dim with the dimmer switch. The position of the switch for the outside lights should be off>parking>head>head + fog (if equipped). With the switch in the full clockwise position, if you pull back on the stock the high beams come on. None of them dim though, that is for the interior dash lights only.