92 hatch electrical issue

cannibal_carnie

My 1992 civic DX hatch is giving me an issue I can't seem to figure out. Its a bone stock d15b7 5 speed with 291k miles has always been reliable car. Recently my car has been acting like the battery is dead I get in it to start it and turn to the start position and nothing happens no click from the starter. Other times no dash lights or dome lights also. Funny thing it only seems to happen in cold weather below freezing. If I keep trying it will eventually start right up like nothing was wrong but when it is acting up nothing helps not even jump starting it. I replaced the battery and cleaned the cables plus checked the grounds and all are great the new battery is doing the same thing as the old I just acts like there's no power at random times. Could it be the ignition switch? Thanks for all the help

Also forgot to mention if the dome light doesn't come in sometimes it will randomly come on if doors open long enough. Car seems to start perfect as long as its warm outside or has ran after the first start in the cold

Last edited by a moderator: