CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Awesome updates! And yeah, thats crazy the exhaust parts being diverted to IL...lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I haven't been following this thread like I should have, so I check it today and see that the motor is out of the car..

Puttin in work I see! I like the new plan. Sucks about no turbo though :( maybe one day!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
super ultra im bored and have nothing going on update post

pulled the injectors out the package and threw them in the RBC

Finally got these things

The cam specs for these on the website are different than the spec sheet that came in the box....

Since I have to sit and stare at them, so do you lol

The supertech dual valve spring set

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more revs

AutoFair Honda PRB oil pump conversion

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Somewhat useless post, I never snapped pics of the exhaust piping from KTeller. Besides lots of filth inside the piping, it's pretty nice for some cheaply priced mandrel bent stainless piping.

It also came with some installation hardware, some hangers and U bolt clamps for the slip fit sections

uh......just the tip

3" straight through

For my own curiosity, I took a pic of the intake cams from the prayoonto stage 3's and the 06-08 TSX.
P3 left, 06-08 TSX right

Some of my random junk sitting on the shelf lol.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So when will the motor get put together?
Hopefully soon, the block went out to the machine shop this past Thursday, so I'm waiting to get it back. I have everything I need, so once it's back, everything can be slapped together pretty quickly.

Just ordered some V-bands and flex pipe for the exhaust. Those should ship out Monday.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice. I'm considering doing a v-band exhaust setup as well. But I haven't even gotten around to really deciding on a exhaust setup. My goal has been to get all the components that is needed to complete the swap then focus on getting the swap.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ready to see this thing back together =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ready to see this thing back together =)
You and me both! haha

Got my v-bands in today for the exhaust...unfortunately one of the vband packs was missing the second collar, but I have another one on the way. Shipped today since I found out early enough. Just mocked the 66% vband up for some photos, my flex pipe should arrive soon.

the ride is getting dusty as hell from sitting still lol

FINALLY got this thing back, I'm getting excited

My little 88x99 (bore and stroke chosen purely out of my own OCD issues)

Hmotors, so you know it's real lol

block was hot tanked, mag check, bored, honed, and decked.

Can't wait until we get to the assembly part

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vibrant 3" x 6" flex pipe with the inner braid liner

Shot showing the inner liner. Hopefully I have no issues with this.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good. Decide what cams you are going to go with now?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good. Decide what cams you are going to go with now?
The prayoonto 3s will go in, if they don't do perform like i want, they'll come right back out. I've been holding onto my stock cams just in case. I got a deal on the cams through another source, so I won't be hurting to let them go. If i do replace them, Drag Cartel stage 4s or a big road race4 cam or K600 from 4Piston will go in. I won't be dealing with prayoonto any further

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The prayoonto 3s will go in, if they don't do perform like i want, they'll come right back out. I've been holding onto my stock cams just in case. I got a deal on the cams through another source, so I won't be hurting to let them go. If i do replace them, Drag Cartel stage 4s or a big road race4 cam or K600 from 4Piston will go in. I won't be dealing with prayoonto any further
Yeah. After your IG post wasn't sure if you were going to put them in or not.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
ive been lurking and following this on here and k20a.org for a long time. its definitely one of my favorite builds and im super anxious to see how the new internals perform compared to the original setup. ill most likely be taking a similar approach to your original setup when doing my own swap. id love to see some onboard gopro footage of this thing ripping once its all back together!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got my replacement cams in the mail
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.....well my car is sitting unfinished for awhile since the engine builder, Ron Bergenholtz, is out on his tour with Formula Drift. So whenever he has some free time to get around to my junk it'll get thrown together and then i'll put the car back together.

Meanwhile, I ran into some luck for my birthday and bought a 2007 TL from my mom since she decided to pick up a V6 TLX. So after this small engine build, I can get more detailed with the coupe and retire it from daily duties.

I was looking for a TL as a daily anyway because I wanted a honda/acura that I wouldn't get too involved with modding. A few cosmetics and call it a day.