joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
http://hypebeast.com/2015/03/brand-new-310-horsepower-honda-civic-type-r

"Honda presents the latest Civic Type R. Boasting a new turbocharged 2-liter VTEC engine, the Type R model produces 306 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque, launching the vehicle from a standstill to 60 mph in 5.7 seconds with a top speed of 167 mph. A trick front “Dual Axis Strut” suspension improves the steering capability of the new Type R as adaptive dampers and electronic steering provide further enhancements. In addition, a revamped +R driving mode equips the model, allowing an increase of torque, improvement of engine responses, and damper reduction. An aggressive body kit armors the latest Civic Type R as a curved underside and large rear diffuser decorate the revamped aesthetic. Anticipate further news on the Honda Civic Type R in the near future."

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Too bad it's not coming to the US. Sad times :(

MyLittleTeg

Why does the us always get left out. Damn dot not permitting nice cars

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Too bad it's also ugly.

Also, not trying to hate on Honda on a Civic site, but too bad that 300hp out of a 4 banger isn't new at all. It's just new to the Civic.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
300 hp from a civic is awesome. I do agree it is ugly. Too much stuff all over it.

MyLittleTeg

Honda lost its sporty look. All the new gen civics look like a riced out family car. Would drive my 98 civic over that anyday

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, with $30k I can find some better options other than a Civic, to be honest. It has power and performance, but in the end, it's still a Civic. Otherwise, they would have called it something else, amirite?

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-civic-type-r-or-something-it-destined-north-america ;)

Horribly written article, it keeps referring to it as AWD... but maybeeeee it will? lol

Also, does anyone think if a Focus ST and a CR-Z banged, this would be their child?

Last edited:

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm just looking forward to seeing the engine swapped to a better looking Gen. civic.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yeah, with $30k I can find some better options other than a Civic, to be honest. It has power and performance, but in the end, it's still a Civic. Otherwise, they would have called it something else, amirite?

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-civic-type-r-or-something-it-destined-north-america ;)

Horribly written article, it keeps referring to it as AWD... but maybeeeee it will? lol

Also, does anyone think if a Focus ST and a CR-Z banged, this would be their child?
I think I would take a Ford Focus RS over the Type R http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-focus-rs-official-photos-and-info-news

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unrelated note, I did autocross with a guy who, as a first timer won the novice class with his stock Focus ST. We were all in awe at the Focus doing work around the track.

.. Come to find out he's the son of Chuck Cantwell, lead engineer on the 65 Shelby GT350 :shock:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when the integra type R came out, it had amazing specs and an unreasonable price tag and everyone could get something soo much better for the money...yet it was an amazing car. Same thing for the EK9 that didn't see the USA. When K series engines were introduced, "real vtec" was ruined and K series was such a horrible engine blah blah blah. Now it's a direct injected turbocharged K series engine running Nurburgring lap times similar to lamborghini's and from what i've seen, more people hate it than they like it. All the same complaints from every other new model civic, from the engine layout, to the chassis size, styling, and price. In my mind, no matter kind of awesome engineering Honda does, it's going to be frowned upon, from the civic to the NSX.

....i like it though lol.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
-shrug- i like it, looks awesome to me, you bunch of hatin ass haters. sheesh, oh look our semen sailor is back! wb butt f**ker.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think my major issue with this vehicle is the function aspect. Why does this car have a wing? f**k it. I'm starting to like the red. I do however still hate the mixed interior. Just make it all black.