New Member/ Starting Problem

YamaRider

Hey guys, I'm a new member and a little new to the import scene as well. So I have 98 hatch with a b16. It has a Hondadata ecu and was supposedly bored, and ported & polished said previous owner. Alright, now to my problem. I have had a problem of it wanting to start. For a while when going to start it was really hesitant to start. It chugged while turning over, and I had to give it gas for it to start. After it started, it didn't want to stay running. It would run at low rpms, so more fuel it got. After it started running normal it was fine. Well, it started to get cold out a while ago and didn't start, and hasn't been started for probably 2 months or so. I replaced the distributor, plugs, and wires. No luck. Fuel pump sounds like it's kicking on. Timing is good, but I am going to double check tomorrow. I'm kinda at a stand still, and I'm looking for ideas on what I should look for or try.

ekman82

Def first look at the timing. With it being dual cam its possible for one of them to be off. If you have access to a good scan tool it can help you to see how the crank signal is working and other sensors in the distributor. If all that checks ok then its probably the ecu. Either its not tuned right or something electronically is off. Honda motors are very simple to run. Hope this helps. Ask any questions im glad to help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2