What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Invidia exhausts are amazing. I had one on my hatch and miss it so much. They can get loud depending on your piping setup

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not loud? lolllllll just roll into the throttle some and you'll change your mind on that
I don't daily drive in vtec so if it's loud when I get on it, that's fine. The only complaints that I've heard with it is loud exhaust drone on the highway... which can't be worse than the 3" eBay exhaust I had on my Civic haha.

This is also bolting right up to my stock header for the moment, so it's still going to be pretty restricted.. Stock header is the most restrictive part of the whole system. With 142k miles on the clock, I'm not trying to dump a lot of money into her. Retrofit, exhaust, coilovers, a front lip, and maybe some yellow foglights and I'm set.

for now

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah mine was on stock header and with the Invidia TP which supposedly helps with drone.
I don't even know what this "drone" is they speak of, noise is noise IMO.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah mine was on stock header and with the Invidia TP which supposedly helps with drone.
I don't even know what this "drone" is they speak of, noise is noise IMO.
It has to do with sound waves and resonance and vibrations and stuff I leaned in physics once. Basically your engine makes a noise at a certain frequency, as does your exhaust, and they change based on your RPM. At some point the frequencies will match up and align, causing exhaust drone. Similar to how if you play the same music at EXACT same time on two different audio outputs you'll hear a slight drone.

Slid into a snow pile coming home from work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop running into things lol. Glad it's just a snow pile though! My buddy backed his o7 335i into a snowbank last week. Looking at $800 to replace and paint, and that's with my housemates's dad's discount (he owns a body shop).

Got my exhaust in today! Ordered it on Tuesday. @Jay Jay is a quick shipper! (thanks Justin!)

Harv_D_Johnson

It has to do with sound waves and resonance and vibrations and stuff I leaned in physics once. Basically your engine makes a noise at a certain frequency, as does your exhaust, and they change based on your RPMs. Then the frequencies align, you get exhaust drone. Similar to how if you play the same music at EXACT same time on two different audio outputs you'll hear a slight drone.

Stop running into things lol. Glad it's just a snow pile though! My buddy backed his o7 335i into a snowbank last week. Looking at $800 to replace and paint, and that's with my housemates's dad's discount (he owns a body shop).

Got my exhaust in today! Ordered it on Tuesday. @Jay Jay is a quick shipper! (thanks Justin!)
Roads got slick half way home lol wasn't planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally rolled out of bed.
Last night wasn't exactly cheap, and I get to do it all over again tomorrow :smackself
It has to do with sound waves and resonance and vibrations and stuff I leaned in physics once. Basically your engine makes a noise at a certain frequency, as does your exhaust, and they change based on your RPM. At some point the frequencies will match up and align, causing exhaust drone. Similar to how if you play the same music at EXACT same time on two different audio outputs you'll hear a slight drone.
Gotcha. Then I think I've heard it before

200STM

I added D3 brake fluid to my Civic today and while doing that I noticed that my great value spray paint (the previous owner spray painted the whole car red 22 cans of spray paint from the receipt I found) is started to peel. I got to clean my place up and about to head over to have lunch at vallarta.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
About to head home. Two hour drive, and then pulling the engine out of my other integra, and preparing it for my current engine. Busy weekend. Good hustle. Going back to Honda on Tuesday for a week to make some much needed cash.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Writing up a conference paper. Was accepted to present at a conference in Ireland, but now I need to get this publication looking solid if I want to be in the conference proceeedings.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just got back from the bar... I was near RIT, which also the national technical institute of the deaf... was talking with a girl hard of hearing, and I told her I just got smoked playing darts... she asked me weed or cigs :rolf:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got back from the bar... I was near RIT, which also the national technical institute of the deaf... was talking with a girl hard of hearing, and I told her I just got smoked playing darts... she asked me weed or cigs :rolf:
There are two deaf guys that work with me at Bridgestone. It's like playing charades every day. We've got a pretty good system down, but whenever we actually need to tell a lot of detail we just break out the phones and type it out to each other.

I have a manmade ear drum in my right ear and have about 80% hearing loss in that ear. It's really not as bad as you'd think, but when I was a kid my parents were afraid that I was going to be deaf so they taught me a little sign language. Basic stuff.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I only know one sign language gesture. Mostly use it in traffic.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol

Went rock climbing yesterday
Followed by drinking & eating with part of the S crew
+ hitting on our normal server & a new one that looks like a girl I brought home before
then went to this ladys house and watched a movie
Got home around 5:30a

Was supposed to go back to her place for pool & jacuzzi but weather blows
Sore as s**t from gym & rock climbing + rope burn from one of my two slip ups
Trying to get some work done but still exhausted

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love rock climbing. Did you go outdoor or indoor rock climbing?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Waiting to get the video from my run up the left wall at the shelf part.
This shows about 1/4-1/3 of the space

Just another day in SoFl. License plate was LP700 lol and good lord did it sound amazing

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My uncle lost his battle with cancer today. My family keeps getting smaller and smaller.