endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Appointment scheduled for tire change over for next week, so just ordered new valve stems.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Alright, tires were swapped. Not much a stretch on them,and fit in wheel-well nicely. I forgot my valve stems at home, pretty bummed out about that but it's not like they had any performance applied to them.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I was going to buy new control arms but replacing bushings was only $8, plus budget is going to block rebuild.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Pull the trigger and going DIY big brake kit(BBK) in the rear. Just got these DC5 rear calipers that are going to be mated with 4x100 EP3 rotors.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I had to order a 3'' extension, unfortunately dumb 98 civic dash shape has me hitting my fingers with the 4''. Lesson learned, i'll be using the 4'' in my 91 Civic Si ;)

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Just got a few parts I've been wanting. Still trying to decide what to do about this year's power-plant. It's either rebuild the GSR, buy a JDM engine, or get an LS transmission for now to go with my current B20B and save some proper cash.

Buddy Club Dual Bend Short Shifter

Project Kics Kyokugen Lug Nuts 42mm

OE Honda Hood Latch

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Looks like I made a decision about the propulsion, the GSR is getting rebuilt. New Denso O2 and OE valve seals are in. Need to order the rest of the parts ie. oil pump, water pump, timing belt, etc.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've always been a fan of the K-1 wheels, but I hadn't seen the K4Rs. MAN, those are sexy! Good luck with getting them fitted.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Went and did my ricer mod, looks a lot like a EK9 Mugen cluster.

Old original head I'll be rebuilding, because I'm a little skeptical about the one other one.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Got some goodies in the mail, Honda OE P72 Water Pump/Timing Belt and Pillow Mount Hats. Have more one the way too.

Started to take the head apart but snapped bolt is holding me back because I can't find my cordless drill, SMH.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Head need to go to the shop, bolt broke 2 extractors, time to leave it to the professionals. There goes some of my budget. Car Throttle said in one article, add everything you're going to spend and multiply x2 because it never cost what you expected to do it right and not cut corners.

One item I overlooked for a while, studs have to be replaced. I can't keep taking turns at full load on some old weak studs, I'll have peace of mind after this go on.