Factory leather seats are wrinkly (2015, brand new) - Now with pics!

Jonathan Giglio

I just bought a brand new 2015 Black Civic EX-L and I needed(wanted) heated seats. My friend has the 2014 so I really didn't even test drive it.

WHY DO THE SEATS HAVE WRINKLES?

The 2014 has smooth leather, so does the any other Honda I've been in. I looked at the other 2015s on the lot - all wrinkly leather seats. Is this normal? Something different? Will this stuff crack easier?

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean by wrinkly? Pictures would help.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't worry about the image size. The forum resizes them to fit the layout anyway.

All the cars on the lot were like that? Looks like poor craftsmanship to me. That is terrible if that is the quality of the leather workmanship they are putting out now. I would definitely bring it up to Honda. Looks like aged/distressed leather....unless that is the look they are going for now.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't worry about the image size. The forum resizes them to fit the layout anyway.

All the cars on the lot were like that? Looks like poor craftsmanship to me. That is terrible if that is the quality of the leather workmanship they are putting out now. I would definitely bring it up to Honda. Looks like aged/distressed leather....unless that is the look they are going for now.
This. ^^^^

CivilicOne

Respected
Even the Ford Focus w/leather I had for 3 years never looked like that. But a lot of people complained about how quickly they wore out, something I don't think will happen with your Honda. =)

Think of it this way - depending on quota, time constraints, material quality, worker telling the boss that maybe something should be exchanged and not put out for sale, et cetera, there are so many variables that even in the best of times individual imperfections sometimes slip through. My old Focus with "proudly assembled in the USA" sticker on it had a 2" screwdriver mark on the top left dash and fingerprint on the LCD screen (that needed direct sunlight to show up).

But as long as the main mechanics and electronics are good, who cares? Honda transmission and engine have historically been HIGHLY reliable.

So while the leather finish isn't perfect, I wouldn't have a cow over it, but it's up to you - the dealer might be happy to help. Never hurts to...

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just keep them cleaned and conditioned and they'll be fine.. But the question still remains. Who makes the seats for Honda? Somewhere in america? I know Acuras leathers dont look like that.

It amazes me people who have leather seats (S2K people) just let them dry out and crack. Then ask a s**t ton of money for them in s**t condition.